600 Airwolf 620 Build

Re: By biggest endeavor yet!

I've been trying to find an Align BEC only because I have an Align ESC but cannot find an Align BEC over 6amps. Is there such a thing? And if not, can I just match the CC PRO with the Align ESC?

Tony

Staff member

I'm running the Align 2in1 on my 600 nitro. Works great. I think they have one that is just the BEC and not the glow igniter as well.

xokia

And if not, can I just match the CC PRO with the Align ESC?
Yes they are completely different independent circuits. The one does care about the other. If you use an ESC that has a BEC then remove the red wire that would normally be your ESC controller wire. So that ESC wire that you run from the ESC to FBL controller. Just pop the red wire out.

You do this so that there aren't two sources trying to supply the FBL controller. You don't want one fighting the other.

Tony

Staff member

Yes they are completely different independent circuits. The one doesn't care about the other. If you use an ESC that has a BEC then remove the red wire that would normally be your ESC controller wire. So that ESC wire that you run from the ESC to FBL controller. Just pop the red wire out.

You do this so that there aren't two sources trying to supply the FBL controller. You don't want one fighting the other.

Fixed that for ya :biggrin1:

Tony

Staff member

You should see the latest update to android. They finally put in text correction and it's messing me up big time lol.

I was told this on another forum. :(. Is it true? Do I need to return the 600MX 510kv for a 1225 kv model for my 6s system??

Quote:
Originally Posted by billryalls
Well it comes in two configurations, 510 and 1225(or something close to that) so now I'm stumped again as I don't know what the diff between the two are. My wife bought the ARF kit from Century.

If you plan to power it with a 6S pack then go for the 1225 and a 9T pinion, use your ESC in the governor mode and start with a throttle setting of 80%.
The 510KV motor is for use with 10S to 12S packs.

Tony

Staff member

I don't know that I would go all the way down to a 9T pinion, but yes, you will need the higher KV for the 6s packs.

Tony

Staff member

Or, you can send back the batteries and ESC and go HV on this thing... Just sayin'

Tony

Staff member

Nope. YOur BEC (which should be able to withstand 44.4 volts) will still give you 6vDC. I should quit giving you move ideas lol.

Well NOW I've thrown something new into the mess. I just picked up the NAZA-H with the optional PCU (bec) and GPS so this is all new to me so any tips will be appreciated although I've been told it's pretty straight forward as long as I follow ALL the manuals.

Tony

Staff member

I have never setup a NAZA before, but there are some on here that have. They set it up for a quad though, nto a heli, but I can't see that it would be much different.

callsign4223

Staff member
I think one person, Paul maybe, has the naza-h and did the setup on here somewhere. I vaguely recall seeing it on here.

pvolcko

Not this Paul. :) I plan to get a naza + GPS on the quad project I'll probably be starting soon.

thanks guys, ill get started on it following manuals and more than likely be back here with specific problems (or successes) then. ;)

Crap...NOW I'm being told that the replacement motor (Align 600mx 1220kv) on my 6s batts will spin my blades at 2400 when it should be 1850. Any of this accurate?? Thanks!

Top Bottom