Spektrum ahh yes!!! Just got home with my new DX8

tarnall

I saw that window on their site that suggested I could up load the serial number with some x?? extension, but was not sure how to do that. I put 32G memory card in the slot, but I guess it's not plug and play... I am really new this hobby, RCs and the equipment, so I guess I got a lot of reading and meditation to do.. Thanks for your input. After I chat with the Hobby shop at the number supplied, maybe I do a re post to let you know what's up. Terry

Derek

Yeah, i don't think that other SD cards are compatible with Spektrum. Besides...the files that are created from the DX8 are actually pretty small. The, included 128mb SD card should give you ample storage space. Yes, please keep us informed as you progress with this. I hope you can get it worked out with some help from your hobby shop.

Westy

LEGEND
I saw that window on their site that suggested I could up load the serial number with some x?? extension, but was not sure how to do that. I put 32G memory card in the slot, but I guess it's not plug and play... I am really new this hobby, RCs and the equipment, so I guess I got a lot of reading and meditation to do.. Thanks for your input. After I chat with the Hobby shop at the number supplied, maybe I do a re post to let you know what's up. Terry

YEah .... the .SPM extension, is what the models and general config save as. I saved my models to my card and then put them on my PC for backup purposes ....

- - - Updated - - -

I just bought a new DX8 too. After I charged the battery for 10hrs as recommended I tired to register the unit. I must have input and re-input that serial number a dozen time and kept getting a message "Serial Number does not match model" I checked and double checked the little window they give you on their site as to how to identify the correct characters. I guess I will call them tomorrow, Monday. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks, Terry

Yes I had that exact problem .... Read the Card Saying IMPORTANT ... Go to www. blah blah balh .....and download the latest Airware firmware for you radio! it is simple and easy to do and you will have the latest and greatest ... blah blah blah ....

I did it by hand a dozen times and still could not get it to work (SAME AS YOUR ISSUE).... and then I tried to upload the SPM format and it loaded the page and then just after 2 - 3 minutes ... timed out!

Tried to get in touch with Horison Hobby and sort it ... .and they mucked me around for days .. and days .... Gave up in the end! .... what a total WOFTAM

Tony

Staff member
Actually he was talking about the .xml file that you can pull out of the Tx with the serial number. Just makes registering easier. Sometimes, you can put a capitol letter there a lower case should be and so on. I sorted this out in his thread that he created.

Top Bottom