Spektrum ahh yes!!! Just got home with my new DX8

Derek

I saw that the DX8 is coming with two AR600 Rx's so I went and got the DX8. I feel like a brand new man!!! lol

Now i'm just pissed because I gotta wait for it to fully charge before I can play with it. Ugh!

Reality is so harsh sometimes, lol

Derek

Yes! Got the ar8000 and the telemetry and the wires for hooking it all up. It came with some really cool stickers, a DX8 neckstrap, charger, SD card....all kinds of bells and whistles. I've got it charging right now. I'll probably (try to) leave it charge over night so that I can start binding my fleet to it tomorrow. I'm gonna have some fun with this new Tx and my wife can use my DX6i. I'm gonna get the "buddy box" cable so that I can "try" to help her learn to fly. I'm certainly no pro at flying but I'll do what I can. It would be a lot of fun to have her flying something at the same time I am. Ummm...combat flying anyone??? lol She'd be so pissed, lol.

Yeah man! I am fully jacked about about this. So...with the DX8, ar8000, telemetry, SD card, charger, two ar600 Rx's, and all...with tax, it was $460ish. I'm happy. I bought an ar600 just a few months ago and I paid $60 for it, alone, so to get two ar600 Rx's with this Tx...I'm happy.

Westy

LEGEND
NICE! ... what was the damage on the TX PAckage deal? .... have you got it all charged up yet?

Derek

I'm super stoked about this, Westy! It totaled up to about $460 with tax. I really didn't have any intentions of getting it today but with the two free ar600 Rx's...it was impossible to pass up. My wife just got home from work, about 10 minutes ago. She knew that I wanted a DX8 and that I had planned on getting it next month. I told her that I got it today along with the two ar600's and her response was, "OK..that's cool!" She's so awesome!!!

I've got it on the charger right now. I did turn it on when I got home and the voltage was reading 4.3v, so I'll probably just leave it on the charger overnight and I'll be able to play with it tomorrow. AWESOME!!!

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
DO NOT leave it on the charger over night! NiMh batteries will vent and will kill the Tx. You can read the post on that HERE.

Sounds like you got a deal like I got. It was the reason I went with the 8 over the 7s. Those two Rx's are worth every penny! And you know they will work, because they are genuine Spektrum!

You can read my thread when I ordered mine HERE.

Congrats and welcome to the club bro. Any questions just ask, we are always here to help. The DX8 can be intimidating, but after you play with it for a while, it will be as easy as the DX6i.

Derek

Thanks for the tip on the battery charging. I'll keep an eye on it. I did just check on my new DX8's battery status and it's showing 5.3v and the battery image on the screen isn't quite full. I'll probably put it back on charge for a few more hours and check on it periodically.

I am fully stoked about playing around with this new Tx. I think this sucker will do everything that I want it to do and then some. Just awesome!!!

Tony

Staff member
It will go up to about 5.5 volts. When I charge my DX8, I take the battery cover off, lay the Tx on it's back with the battery coming out the bottom. Then I use my hand to feel the temp of the battery. NiMh batteries, when charged will heat up. It's just the nature of them vs lipo that doesn't or shouldn't get hot. Let the battery charge until you feel a little heat in it then take it off. I could get into the Delta Peak and everything that the battery goes though, but I will save you from that book lmao.

Derek

Thanks Tony! I'll surely be going through your "Spektrum DX8 How-to" guide this weekend

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I bought the lipo upgrade for the battery. Not that expensive and you can go forever till you have to charge it!

Lee

I have the original battery and I only need to charge it one every few weeks.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
The links tony posted are good. I got mine off e bay. Same price. Might find free shipping there though. Horizon you need $100 spent to get free shipping! Lol

Derek

Thanks for the links, Tony! For the time being, I think I'm just gonna stick with the pack that came with the DX8. I'm gonna spend some time today binding my planes and my Trex 500 to the DX8. Oh yeah!!!!!!!!! Super Stoked!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to the club Derek.

Thanks Matt! I just love the feel of this Tx over the DX6i and the DX8 has more switches. :) Although I'm not a "pro" pilot, maybe I'll look like one while I carry the DX8 around, lol.

tarnall

I just bought a new DX8 too. After I charged the battery for 10hrs as recommended I tired to register the unit. I must have input and re-input that serial number a dozen time and kept getting a message "Serial Number does not match model" I checked and double checked the little window they give you on their site as to how to identify the correct characters. I guess I will call them tomorrow, Monday. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks, Terry

Derek

That's odd that you had issues getting it registered. I didn't have any issues at all. I was even able to download the new Sailplane mode for the DX8.

Top Bottom