ESC Afro ESC's

Stambo

To add some more to this, it is becoming more commonplace on quads to power up electronics with a separate bec.
When using the built in ESC bec the temperature will rise on only one ESC. Even a switching bec will increase in temperature.
Look at it this way, a quad running 4 identical ESCs with only 1 being used to supply power to FC board, will put more heat load on one ESC.
It adds risk, as far as I am concerned, to the possibilty of one ESC behaving differently to the rest or even failure.

In the above diagram, I would be inclined to remove the ESCs bec feed from m1 and use the positive from the separate bec to supply everything.

smilmick

In the above diagram, I would be inclined to remove the ESCs bec feed from m1 and use the positive from the separate bec to supply everything.

I am no expert, but using a turnigy 5amp to power FC, RX, and servo on my tri results in the FC shutting down after some aggressive yaw input.

Disconnecting the servo fixes the problem, so Ill be connecting one ESC BEC to the flight controller to power both the flight controller and RX while my servo will be powered by the external BEC. The external BEC may also allow for LED lights later on.

Top Bottom