FBL Gyro 800E Pro DFC

sj71

Hi all

I've set up using the video's here which have been great, but I have a problem.
With everything powered up but no input from the radio, the tail rotor slowly moves from central to being against the boom.
If I manually spin the heli from left to right the tail rotors move in the correct manner, but just sat on the skids it creeps back to
the linkage being against the boom again! It takes about a minute to go from middle to against the boom.
I've set the DX9 up as per instructions so I'm not sure where I've gone wrong?
All the servos sing a little after the 3GX has initialized, I'n guessing that is because it is on the floor...
The DX9 is v7 and the 3GX is v5. I'm v43 learner (",)
Thanks in advance for any help

Steve

sj71

I guess this is how the "help" bit works then. No one "help"s and you figure it out yourself...
Version 5 is the cause. I flashed back to 3.1 and it's stopped.
This is me "help"ing anyone who has the same problem.
The new version of the 800E Pro DFC uses the Gpro so I guess the 3gx is going obsolete.

Lee

I'm not a 3GX guy, but i have heard many people on here saying to return them to an earlier firmware to solve issues.
The 3GX is seen as the runt of the litter in the FBL world.
On something as big and expensive as an 800, I'd get rid if it sharpish, and put something better and more reliable on it.

If you want to stick with Align, the new GPro you mentioned seems to be working well.
I use Ikon, and its awesome. Simple to set up, Software that doesn't need a degree to understand :)
BeastX is good if you don't want the hassle of needing your PC to tune it.
Spartan or the new VBar has come down in price a lot.
Good luck with the bird. Lets see some pics and video :)

sj71

Thanks Lee
So it looks like GPro, Ikon or BeastX then.
I'll email the shop I bought it from and see if they'll cut me a deal to return the 3gx (",)
I've noticed the tail rotors move a little bit with elevator input on v3.1 of the 3gx...

Tony

Staff member
Sorry for the late reply sj, been getting killed this week and just now (late Saturday night) have been able to get on here. I'm really trying to get more time on the forum, it's just a little hard to come by.

As you have found, V5 has tail issues. V4 has the same issues with a HORRIBLE bounce back. V3 you need to get off the ground as soon as you possibly can or it will tip and strike a blade. As Lee stated, you should really get a new gyro for a bird of that size. Last thing you want to do is have that monster coming at you because the 3GX decided to to wacky. My choice, and I'm sure Lee's as well, would be the Ikon/Brain. Just fantastic gyros.

sj71

Thanks Tony
The retailer I bought from, Align Trex UK has the new version with the GPro as in the box equipment. So it's going to be Ikon, BeastX or the GPro then. If I work a few weekends I might pick up all three!
Thanks for your advice and I hope you get a bit of time for yourself as well as helping us learners (",)

Tony

Staff member
My honest opinion is pick up an Ikon. You will need either a computer or a blue tooth module and an Android phone to program it, but I think it's one of the best out there. The BX right behind it. Now there are many others out there that are just as good if not better than the ikon, but the ikon should do everything you need and more.

Top Bottom