heli-maniac

As many as we have on here now i think we need are own thread
I think there are more 550 then there are 600 and 700

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
And pic some one to mod it :anonymous:

pvolcko

Ah, pick someone to mod(erate) it.

I didn't understand either, Tony. :)

Don't know if it makes sense to give 550's a sub-forum of their own. Fits into the 600 forum. Problem is new people don't necessarily know that 550 stuff should be in the 600 forum. I think I posted my 550X build thread (and a couple others) in the 500 forum.

heli-maniac

I added a poll to see how people feel on this
speak up and less see what happens

I for one think it should have its own class

Derek

Personally, I think that 550 sized heli's should have their own section. If you were to go to a website, looking for a 550, you aren't going to look in the 500 class section, nor the 600 class section.

Do I think that the 550 class section, on RCH, would need a particular person to Mod it? No, I don't. The entire forum is being mod'd by some really great people and we're all doing the best that we can to Mod the forum, as well as deal with our own personal lives, as well.

callsign4223

Staff member
As far as 550 size Helis having their own sub section, I think that might not be a bad idea. We do seem to be getting a lot of people with 550s on here lately.

As far as the second half of the question. Just remember, you don't have to be a mod to be super involved in a section. As far as quads and fpv is concerned I think Craig (tasajara) is the hands down most knowledgable on here and he posts quite often, also not a mod. Modding is less about being an active helper and more about making sure the forum stays clean and the spammers stay away.

heli-maniac

As far as 550 size Helis having their own sub section, I think that might not be a bad idea. We do seem to be getting a lot of people with 550s on here lately.

As far as the second half of the question. Just remember, you don't have to be a mod to be super involved in a section. As far as quads and fpv is concerned I think Craig (tasajara) is the hands down most knowledgable on here and he posts quite often, also not a mod. Modding is less about being an active helper and more about making sure the forum stays clean and the spammers stay away.

Yes that is what i was saying not just be the one doing all the work on the section but someone to help out with it
Tony has alot on his plate as it is i was just saying it for someone to help out if we got a 550 section that i think is needed

Tony

Staff member
I will keep an eye on the poll and see what the members say about creating a 550 section. In all reality, it is a 600, just sized down slightly, but I also agree that people don't look in the 500 or 600 sections for the 550's. Might make it easier to find information on them if it had it's own section. Again, i will keep an eye on the poll and see what happens.

As for a moderator just for that section, I'm not sure that is entirely needed. There are 5 staff members (Lee, Gaba, Matt, Derek and myself) which on a forum like this, is more than enough. Each member of the staff has their own talent that they bring to RCH. Lee, Gaba and myself know heli's, so that is more than half of us that can do the moderating. And as you know, I'm on here quite a bit and so far, I don't think any spam has gotten through in the last year since installing the spam software.

If it comes down to it, I will put moderators in specific sections of their expertise. However, I think just staying engaged in a section is more than enough for the forum. Since we dont' have much of an issue with spammers or horrible members, I just can't see bringing on a 6th staff member at this time.

yardner

i like the 550 classed with the 600....

But i have a 600 and Not a 550, so my vote may be tilted..... However when i do searches for issues that i may have on my 600, i do know that you should always check in a 550 forum because they are very similar. Especially the Align's.

just my 2 cents worth!

pvolcko

I say 550 classed with 600, add the 550 to the 600 sub-forum name to remove ambiguity. Move 550 threads from 500 land into the renamed 550 & 600 land.

It stays truer to what they are and there probably is not enough 550 traffic to justify the 550 specific class sub-forum. No need to fragment the sub-forum structure more than it already is.

heli-maniac

I think more people are going to the 550 class do to its more of a economic big heli with 1 6S battery
And from what I see on this forum there are more 550s now than 600

Im just trying to make it easier for the new 550 owners and members to find what they are looking for
Back last year when i got my 550 i had to hunt all over for stuff but was not much here then i was the first or second person on this form with one
So as fast as the 550 class is growing it needs to be found when looked for

heli-maniac

hmmm, you actually have me thinking of getting a 550 now, instead of a 600.
Well if you sit down and look at it the new 550 is a 600 anyway just with 550 blades and uses 1 6s battery
Now that crashed mine over the weekend I may put the 600 boom and tt and 550 blades My set up now with the scorpion motor and the Yep 100 it has the power to turn the 550 blades

And if you get one dont get the Talon esc they are junk

Karubah

I agree with Superbad just add 550 to the 600 section. I know mine is a mix of the 2 so I think they should be in the same section and by adding 550 to the 600 section they go together quite nicely. These are my thoughts so I hope this helps a little bit.

Derek

This actually would be a simple solution. Listing the 550's in the 600 title would surely clear things up as far as finding where to find 550 threads.

Top Bottom