600 550 heli thread

Should the 550 have its own forum so new members can find it

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tony

Staff member
Derek, if I change the title of the forum section, that will break the links that are already otu there in the world. This is why I'm hesitant to change the name of a very popular forum section. We would actually lose members by doing this.

xokia

I got to say when I was looking to buy a 550 I went to a different heli forum to find out info on the 550 because they had a section labeled 550. I knew everything in there was 550 related and lots of info to be found. If I were a 600 owner I'd be a little frustrated with all the 550 owners clogging up the 600 forum. While they are very similiar helis they also have their own unique issues.

heli-maniac

Well i see now with the new layout under the 600 thread it says for 550 and 600 well thats a start anyway
At least people can see were they are at

Tony

Staff member
It was the best option that I could come up with without breaking all of the links in that section by renaming it. I'm not sure there are enough 550 owners as of yet to warrant a dedicated section. However, if things can change for the better for my family and I here soon, we will be doing an upgrade to the forum, and at that time, I will either rename the section or put in a dedicated section. There are going to be a lot of changes in the new forum, but as stated, it's going to be a while before we do it.

Tony

Staff member
From the looks of it, people want the 550 section. I think this may happen, but it will be when we roll out the new forum. There is a lot of moving that is going to have to go on, so I would like to do it all at one time.

xokia

From the looks of it, people want the 550 section. I think this may happen, but it will be when we roll out the new forum. There is a lot of moving that is going to have to go on, so I would like to do it all at one time.

Sounds good Tony looking forward to it the 550 really is a different heli.

Tony

Staff member
I will agree to this to a point. Yes, it is in a class of it's own, but things like head, tail, motor and so on are all from the 600. However, being "built" to run on a single 6s pack does put it in a place for it's own section. As stated, I have some ideas in my head for when we roll out the new forum and the 550 section will be in there. This is going to take some time though as there is a LOT of testing that we need to do.

xokia

The motor is changing to a 550 specific motor. The 730mx which is in my heli is meant for the 550 only. The Talon ESC is also 550 specific.

Maybe they will come up with a new motor for the 600 when they update that model. But at this point the 730 is exclusive to the 550

Top Bottom