General 450 wanting to tip over.

norjul

Hi guys, when spooling up my hk fbl 450 clone tips to the left. i have followed the vidio's on set up, when i tilt heli to left the swash only moves a tiny bit same as right. What i would like to know is what settings to use on heli and dx8 transmiter as a learner. i only want to hover at this stage thanks.

norjul

done some more fiddling. got it to stay upright. i think i need to go into the 3gx software and do some alterations as the tail wants to lift up now.

DavidDutch

looks like your mechanical setup is not 100%, try to do it step by step and make sure your swash is completely leveled by midstick having 0degr. pitch without any curves or trims set.

norjul

Thank you for your reply's. my swash seams level i set it up with swash leveling tool, level at low stick, level mid stick and level at high stick. i am useing orona DS-939MG servo's just found out they are not the best ones to use. so i will look for some better ones. which medium priced servos do you guys recommend for cylic.

Tony

Staff member
I didn't realize you had both of the threads until now. I will copy what I put in your other thread here.

If there is one place you need to spend money on, it's on the electronics. IMO the gyro is #1 with the servos being a very close second. As I mentioned in the other thread, you can get away with some of the clone gyro's and still have a good flying helicopter. But get something like the Align DS430M cyclic servos and the DS425 for the tail. After a good gyro setup, you should have a super stable helicopter.

DavidDutch

you can also alternative take the TGY306HV this servo is awesome and beats the align easy (and I know have them both flying), you can easy use them for cyclic aswell as tail

norjul

Thank you guys for the info, i will have a look around on the net.

- - - Updated - - -

i just ordered the ds430m servos. i will give them a try and let you know how i get on thanks guys

norjul

I have a ES9257 digital for the tail, it seems to work ok i have no tail wag. i hope these new servo's work out ok. i will post results of new servo's.

norjul

Hi, I am using a DS939MG for the tail it seems to work ok, i just got my bird to fly just a low hover at the moment. RESULT i am happy. My settings are.

Throtal = 0-25-50-65-65.
Pitch =10 deg
Airleron =7 deg D/R 80 - Expo 30
Elevator =7 deg D/R 80 - Expo 30
Rudder = D/R100 Expo 20
these settings work for me at the moment.

DavidDutch

It is Always good if you are happy and the bird flies gratz on that.
1 point of attention, on your throttle curve you better can raise that a little to 75. why ?? short explanation is : Better for your electronics :)

DavidDutch

As quick as possible having constant HS so I would do 0-75-75-75-75, but thats personal and also to your liking. If you have a good softstart i would do it

norjul

Thanks guys for the info, i reset my throttle to 0-25-50-75-75. reason i done that was because i am not sure how to get into the esc settings to set softstart. i have not tried the settings yet as its a bit wet outside.

norjul

motor speed controler, i have not got a program card and i am not sure how to do it from the transmiter. after the holidays i will look for one with softstart already programed in.

Top Bottom