450 "450 Pro"

murankar

Staff member
That frame is more than likely a clone 450 Pro DFC frame. There is no real decernable way to check either. The only way I know of is to check the quality of the carbon fiber. Those servos are definitely clones of a clone. Based on the parts pic its a pieced together 450 Pro with some kind of Tarot FBL head. Also ditch those EXI parts. those things are garbage and are not worth the shipping that was paid to get them. Those EXI parts look like canopy mounts. If so get plastic instead, would rather have to mount brake than the canopy in a crash.

What probably happened is this kit started off as clone and the old owner upgraded everything that needed upgrading to make it near perfect. This was a compromise purchase for the original owner. They figured they could get a cheap kit and upgrade after the crashes. This kit more than likely started life off as a clone 450 Pro (w/ flybar).

Tony

Staff member
Yes there is. If it's genuine Align then there will be a number laser etched into the frame side.

I fly with a DX9

This is his comment on the history of it.

"The airframe is a few years old, It is a 450 Pro, the 450L Dominator is the new model, some things are interchangeable, I have both. Head,Tail,Gears,Landing gear,servos, depending on whether you are 3s or 6s on the 450L batteries. The 450 pro runs 325mm blades, the 450L 360mm."

Frankenheli does sound badass though!!

murankar

Staff member
Well I didnt know Align laser etched their frames. Thats what happens when you never buy a true Align.

KLA

Yep, Align laser etched their frames and some have an Align metal tag on the frame by the boom block mount. One thing we know is that it definitely has an ALZRC tail boom. Because of that, I would assume that the kit started out as a ALZRC 450 pro. My reason being that if someone bends a tail boom the odds of them buying a ALZRC tail boom would be very slim unless it was a replacement for an original ALZRC boom. I could be wrong, but, if I bend a tail boom I'm probably gonna buy another Align boom, or a quality aftermarket boom like Lynx or Microheli or something of that sort, but not an ALZRC boom.

trainrider06

I think the genuine Align frames have a few cm thicker frame, as well the numbered etched. Mine has the numbers etched into it also. The other 450 Pro I had bought and sold didn't have the numbers, but the dude sold it as a genuine Align. A few people (like Uri don't know it....hehe) seriously though, I had no clue myself when I started buying Align's either.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Top Bottom