450 "450 Pro"

I got a pretty good deal on this I couldnt pass up but it confuses me. Obviously an older airframe but I assume its not a Dominator, or is is? I like the upgraded head but the frame throws me off. What parts are interchangeable with the new 450L Dominator?

View attachment 16349
View attachment 16348

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Just an FYI, that is a clone and not a genuine Align. And everything but the frame sides, motor mount, front battery mount and anti-rotation bracket is interchangeable.

Tony

Staff member
It's what the dominator was before the dominator existed. The dom is what replaced the Pro V2.

I bought it to fly hard and try moves that i dont want to do with my old one, then use the parts for backup of my 450 year OR use the electronics for another heli

trainrider06

Looks like a Tarot split lock head (some prefer that design to a stock Align head, especially the single bolt head design of the older DFC heads). Not sure about the frame, it could be an Align, if it is it'll have a serial number stamped in it.
Obviously a different boom, but one is as good as another I reckon. Looks like it has a pro type tail case on it though but may be a clone. That heli should perform fine for most of what you want to throw at it. I'd tear it apart though to assure (even if it's most or all clone) that at least screws and such won't be flying out of it and everything needing locktite is done so. That motor looks like a 450L motor on it, just going by the color. Does it say anything on it on the bottom?
A bunch of parts are interchangeable with the 450L and 450 pro models. Tail case, head, I think main shaft, skids, gears, TT drive gear assembly.

Smoggie

It looks pretty good. The servos and probably motor appear to be genuine Align, it's also got the latests dual arm tail mechanism. A good FBL controller too rather than the problematic 3GX.

The biggest problem with the Pro is the torque tube tail drive which strips very easily if you clip the tail blades, even if they just catch in the grass it can strip the gears.

Okay cool, I was on the fence about what to do with it but he said its BNF except I need sats.

Maybe ill just toss this one around and when it hits the dirt ill switch the electronics to a Goblin!!

trainrider06

Even if you smack it and don't wanna rebuild it, strip it then.
As I said many parts interchangeable with the L. Even save screws!

KLA

If it is actually an Alzrc Trex 450 pro then yes it is a clone, BUT, the Alzrc clone it about the best Trex 450 clone on the market. Also, that is not the Tarot Split Lock head, it looks to me that it is just the stock Alzrc FBL head, but it's hard to tell from the pictures. But, overall, the Alzrc Kit is a very good heli, as far as clones go, and as others have said, just go thru it good, check your bearings, check for loctite and fly the hell out of it.

KLA

Well, by lookin at the pictures it looks like the stock ALZRC DFC head. But like I said, it's hard to tell from the pictures. Still, the ALZRC is a good heli. Just check it over real good and then fly the hell out of it. After you get it in the air let us know how it goes. Also, if it has a torque tube tail, double check all of the gears cause the torque tube tail gears strip very easily.

trainrider06

Well, by lookin at the pictures it looks like the stock ALZRC DFC head. But like I said, it's hard to tell from the pictures. Still, the ALZRC is a good heli. Just check it over real good and then fly the hell out of it. After you get it in the air let us know how it goes. Also, if it has a torque tube tail, double check all of the gears cause the torque tube tail gears strip very easily.

Ok Eagle eye! :wink: hehe, seriously though from what I see there seems to be nothing wrong with that heli from what I see, and if it is an ALZRC component heli, you can take Keith's word and be confident in it.....check it over and enjoy it! Use it as a beater to try stuff with!

KLA

Thanks for the vote of confidence Rodney!!! But, you're the man, not me. But yeah, the ALZRC Kit is a good kit. As far as clones go, I would say that the ALZRC Kit is every bit as good as Tarot, if not better. Hell, even the ALZRC stock canopy has the Align Trex 450 pro paint scheme. It's very hard to tell them apart. I'd just check it out real good then just fly and enjoy it.

murankar

Staff member
Okay I am so lost with what you got going on. First its a 450 Pro, then a 450 DOminator and your looking at a 360 class heli. In another post you state that you have a DX6i, is this correct? if so then your radio needs a DSM2 sat. Now I if I remember correctly I think the latest revisions of the Dx6i's were being upgraded to handle DSMX. Are your sure your radio is DSMX compliant?

KLA

Looks like it's a frankenheli. ALZRC frame and tail boom, 450L Dominator motor, the regular Tarot DFC head (not the split lock) and the servos look like a off brand Chinese clone of the MKS DS95 (just like the KST 215's but rebranded). That's about what I can figure out from the pictures. But the question is, how long are the blades? Are they 325mm or 360mm? That will pretty much tell you if it is a Dominator or not, but by looking at the frame in the pictures it looks like a 450 pro frame or clone.

Last edited:
Top Bottom