450 DOWN

Slobberdog

yeah hope it makes a difference, still maybe getting rid though, as not using it as got the 500, will see what comes when the new gyro comes,

apparenetly the gyro is coming from uk, don't think so though, Leicester address but Taiwan company, no tracking number so cant see where it is and 6 days shipping advised, mmmmhhhh yeah I can work that out, stop lying to us.

yeah hope it makes a difference, still maybe getting rid though, as not using it as got the 500, will see what comes when the new gyro comes,

apparenetly the gyro is coming from uk, don't think so though, Leicester address but Taiwan company, no tracking number so cant see where it is and 6 days shipping advised, mmmmhhhh yeah I can work that out, stop lying to us.

same seller then, mind you mine did come quite quickly, ordered mine on the 18th July, cant see date i left feedback though... so i went into my youtube channel and checked the dates of my first maiden flight with the Kbar and that was on the 24th and it probs took me a day or so to get it all setup...

maybe they have UK stock, worth the wait...just be patient Kev...lol

Slobberdog

Well it's sitting there hopefully just waiting now for a new brain, well a kbar but you know what I mean

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Slobberdog

pretty disconcerting when you get an ebay message 5 mins before the parcel arrives, saying if you have any problems don't open a dispute contact us first, that fills me with loads of confidence, lol

Loads of ebayers say that man Kev, I buy hundreds of electronic components from china and I've had that message with loads of them... I wouldn't let it dishearten you just yet... Lol

Slobberdog

Well it's on and it's working, set up was easy, but I think tuning is gonna be a bit different, at the moment it feels very crisp, and a bit edgy maybe, but that's only cos I tried it in a confined space, gotta wait to get it out side, or in the hall on Wednesday,

Need to do a bit of research I think,

Slobberdog

Had 2 servo gear sets give up during this crash, so ordered them from the UK @ £10 each, when I took these servos apart the only damage was on the output gear so I looked for a gear on its own,

but found a Taiwan supplier on eBay selling them all in delivered for just under £4 great saving got it today and looks good and genuine, might order a couple more as I have these servos on both my 250 and 450 so could do with a safety net,

Sounds like your getting there Kev, I just set mine up for basic flight, and knocked D/R down a bit, flew great, I'm no expert so left those setting as is...

Look for fredrikmelin72 on YouTube, his vbar 101 videos are brilliant...

Last edited:

Slobberdog

yeah getting there, but the heli had a different feel after the crash, cos I changed the blades these new blue blades are wicked quick response wise,

the fbl controller will just be a bit of tuning, will get there reasonably quick I recon, add some d/r and a bit of expo and I should be good

been looking at a couple of his vids but need to sit down and have a bit of quiet time with him, lol

yeah getting there, but the heli had a different feel after the crash, cos I changed the blades these new blue blades are wicked quick response wise,

the fbl controller will just be a bit of tuning, will get there reasonably quick I recon, add some d/r and a bit of expo and I should be good

been looking at a couple of his vids but need to sit down and have a bit of quiet time with him, lol

I'm pleased for you mate, glad your getting it sorted. I agree on time studying Mr Mels videos, there quite intense, but if anyone can do it, you can...

Slobberdog

Just made a carbon fibre tail control rod for the 450 just like the one I made for my 250, wanted to get rid of the control rod guides, as I think I was getting a bit of binding from them, well maybe rubbing not binding but by all accounts the vbar or kbar or fubar or whatever bar don't like any kind of binding, however in significant,

Now back to the pc to get tail reset,

- - - Updated - - -

I did cheat a little, I got tube that the rod just fits straight down the centre, and I super glued it in there, so the strength of the carbon tube and the tensile of the steel rod as well,

Hope it works well,

Top Bottom