450 DOWN

Slobberdog

well I took my 450 out yesterday to check it all over as its not been used in a while,

flew 3 mins then coming out of a piro stall turn, 3Gx decided it did not want to play any more, kicked the tail, 90 plus deg which I compensated but then it kicked it the other way roughly 180 deg which left me tail in loosing alt and I corrected wrong with elevator and lost to much alt,

Throttle hold and bang followed

damage

canopy
blades
main shaft
dfc arm
3 sets of servo gears
boom
main gear.

was selling this heli so I was oiling it up and getting it ready, just glad it happened to me not the new buyer, and sad that it happened in the first place, the question is now what I do with it next, have had offer for a part out from a friend, so might just cut my losses with it.

but one thing for sure never a 3gx going back on one of my birds

treff

Sorry tom hear that Kev. It is a buggur when they go in. Hope you get a good price. Cheers

Slobberdog

no worries treff, buggar it went in but glad it happened to me not first flight with new owner,

will see what happens, not sure what to do with it yet,

watch this space

Tony

Staff member
Put 3.1 back on it and just tell him to get it off the ground quickly. If it wasn't for fitment, I would be completely done with the 3GX. But the Ikon and 7200BX won't fit in the frame of the 450, only the 3GX will.

Slobberdog

I am done with the 3Gx, think the ikon will fit, just take out the tray and attach to inside of side frame

Slobberdog

It will go one way or the other, have someone interested in the bits, but going to sort the servos out anyway as I can put them on my 250 anyway,

Just need one DS415m output gear, as that was the only thing wrong with one servo and it was one tooth damaged,

Slobberdog

nah not putting a fbl controller on it, apart from a quick test with the one off my 250, then it will be removed,

Slobberdog

I think I'm not to get the 450 back in the air at all, my friend pulled out from wanting the airframe so I ordered a kbar to put on it to get it back in the air and just received my replacement blades and low and behold this,

image.jpg

Heli gods against me, me thinks, mmmmhhhh

- - - Updated - - -

but new replacements being sent out courtesy of the shop from where they came

image.jpg

Bloody hell, that's not good from align mate....looks like we are both in the same boat with heli at the moment...lol, only mines at the bottom of the deep blue sea...haha

The Kbar is brilliant Kev, where you getting it from, got mine off eBay, was only £25

Last edited:

Slobberdog

yeah ebay 25 quid for me too,

blades were loose in the box, just unlucky to get chip but my supplier is sending new set out today, these will be good to use anyway but still I want the others,

see how I like this setup and then decide if its going back up for sale, or not,

yeah ebay 25 quid for me too,

blades were loose in the box, just unlucky to get chip but my supplier is sending new set out today, these will be good to use anyway but still I want the others,

see how I like this setup and then decide if its going back up for sale, or not,

Lat time I got align blade they came in a cardboard tube, very well packed... Buga that yours were loose... Looks like their still usable..

Have you got the pc software for the Kbar?

Slobberdog

yeah downloaded yesterday in work will install on lappy tonight to have a gander,

yeah I opted for the slight seconds as was not sure if I was gonna keep, and they don't come in a box like the pucca blades so they need good packaging, told the supplier that the blades were loose and the ends not protected, so expect this next set will come in a foot thick bubble wrap lol

- - - Updated - - -

and tbh if not for the chip the blades look perfect.

Lol, yeah they will not make the same mistake I doubt....

Can't imagine that little chip will make much different on balancing or weight difference.... I always check my new blades for both weight and balance before I fit them... Last cheapos I got there was 3 grams difference in weight... Used tape on leading edge to get them spot on...

Slobberdog

new blades arrived today, great, now do I get it back in the air with the 3Gx or do I be patient, mmmmh think that is gonna depend on mother nature, if she plays fair its anyones guess lol

- - - Updated - - -

oh and it was like pass the parcel with the way they paked them this time.

layer of card board then layer of bubble wrap then cardboard box, I

I think they learnt from their mistake, lol

new blades arrived today, great, now do I get it back in the air with the 3Gx or do I be patient, mmmmh think that is gonna depend on mother nature, if she plays fair its anyones guess lol

- - - Updated - - -

oh and it was like pass the parcel with the way they paked them this time.

layer of card board then layer of bubble wrap then cardboard box, I

I think they learnt from their mistake, lol

we knew they would Kev, well next time you wont get any broken blades eh !!!

play it safe and WAIT !!!! you know its the right thing to do... that Kbar is brilliant, even for a complete novice like me, youve seen some of my vids, the bird was steady as a rock...

Top Bottom