General 3gx,

im having a problem i cant seem to get in to the settings for the 3gx i keep trying over and over but the green light never goes on am i doing something wrong?

it still didnt work. it failed to connect. and the video where ou plug in the battary and then hold the button. the green light does not come on then either it does nothing. just beeps once when i plug it in and thats it.

Tony

Staff member
Okay, lets start fresh from the beginning.

Make sure your ESC is plugged into the Thr channel. This is the far left channel when looking at the pins on the 3GX. Do not connect any other servos at this time. Make sure your signal wire of the servo is on the top, or facing the label. The ground, or darkest wire should be facing the bottom of the gyro. Once you have ONLY your ESC plugged in, put the bind plug in the lower right port of the 3GX when looking at the pins. Once that is done, plug in the battery. You should have a fast flashing light on your satellite Rx. Hold the bind button/switch on yoru tx and turn your Tx on and let it bind. The light should go solid on the Satellite Rx.

Once you are done with that, and the 3GX is powered on, then try to connect it to the computer. The 3GX MUST be powered on and bound to the Tx with the Tx on and able to control the helicopter for it to talk with the computer.

For more information, or pictures of where I'm getting the information, open up the 3GX software on your computer and follow the steps by clicking on the Next button on the lower left of the screen. It shows the pin out of the 3GX and where all of your servos are supposed to be placed on the helicopter.

ok i went threw all the steps serveral times now and same thing it says failed no lights start up on the 3gx, is it possiable that it is broken? that it came broken?

Westy

LEGEND
Put your BIND PLUG INTO the E3GX and bind the sat!

have you done that ?

Are you using the Sat? or an RX with a sat? ..... you need to bind the Sat first. it should be solid Orange when you turn your TX on ... and then power up the ESC on your heli.

stokke

This is not unheard of. I recon this is your first attempt at firing up the 3gx right?

This is due to the binding not being right. If you are using an external Rx, you shuld take it off the 3gx, and bind it separately.

If you are using a sat connected to your 3gx, then you should watch the orange light on the sat when binding.

If you trynto boot without a successful bind, the 3gx will not initialize.

So, are you using sats or Rx?

ok for the electronics i have one sat plugged in to the 3gx. it flashes when i power on the my heli (450 pro v 2 flybarless) there is aloud beepand then the orange light goes solid after it says its been binded, then thats it. let me check again im almost 100 % sure that it stays solid orange, i was correct it does stay solid orange.

stokke

After the successful bind you shoul power off the sytem, then the transitter. Then remove the bind plug. Make sure all the servos and everythingis connected before you power up the system - also be sure that the Tx is powered on before you power on the system.

Top Bottom