3GX Trex 450 Pro V2 with DX6i

heli-maniac

ok here it is and it works with a 6ch rx
take the black, red, and white wire that came with it take the white wire out of both ends of the plug then take the purple wire thro. wire out of its plug and install it were the white wire was plug that in to the rx the plug the other end with the red and black wire in to 3gx with the red wire to the out side and that will make head hold and the gyro gain work from the DX6I
here is a pic of the dry run of it and now i dont have to buy a 100.00 rx Yea!!!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Oh I don't know about that! I wouldn't use an orange x on an align heli. Your just dumbing down the heli using sub slandered Rx's.

Adam

you really got me thinking when you came up with this idea I have the 8 ch rx now so this will be helpful for others in this boat.

heli-maniac

you really got me thinking when you came up with this idea I have the 8 ch rx now so this will be helpful for others in this boat.
its the same thing you did but i just used the 6 ch rx and powered it up just like a esc would do
i was looking at my align 3g system and it powers up the rx on the ruder and ail so the power pis in the rx are all hooked together it can run rx off any of them
i just went with it like a esc just because i knew it would power it that way
so long story short a DX6i can run the Align 3gx and have control of the rate and hh gyro gain
thats why this forum is so great my thanks to all that are willing to help us newbees

EastR84

This is basically helpful... can anyone show a wiring diagram from the AR6210 to the 3GX system? Did you use the diagram on page 22 of the manual for JR/Spektrum receivers? From reading here I take it also that my 6-channel receiver with the DX6i won't take full advantage of the 3GX system.

heli-maniac

you use most of that diagram then ad the power and ground from the 3gx battery port to any of the ports on the rx i used the thr. port on mine

Last edited:

Bruno

I am using a DX6I. I am trying to connect the AR6210 to the 3GX. I see you have been down that path.
Is it possible to use the AR6200 with this system? There are 450 pro V2 3GX combo kits for sale that include the DX6i and the AR6210. So I am thinking it is doable. What do you think?
Are you able to post pics of the wire connection between your receiver and the 3GX?
I am cofused with how to power the receiver and the 3GX.
I am not about to plug in the Batt until I am confident that I won't fry any circuits.
Thank you.

heli-maniac

I am using a DX6I. I am trying to connect the AR6210 to the 3GX. I see you have been down that path.
Is it possible to use the AR6200 with this system? There are 450 pro V2 3GX combo kits for sale that include the DX6i and the AR6210. So I am thinking it is doable. What do you think?
Are you able to post pics of the wire connection between your receiver and the 3GX?
I am cofused with how to power the receiver and the 3GX.
I am not about to plug in the Batt until I am confident that I won't fry any circuits.
Thank you.
take the black, red, and white wire that came with it take the white wire out of both ends of the plug then take the purple wire thro. wire out of its plug and install it were the white wire was plug that in to the rx the plug the other end with the red and black wire in to 3gx with the red wire to the out side and that will make head hold and the gyro gain work from the DX6I
here is a pic of the dry run of it and now i dont have to buy a 100.00 rx Yea!!!

yes i used a orange rx to test with but now have it all in with a ar6200 rx

Bruno

I am also interested with using the AR6210 with the 3GX.
However, I am a bit confused.....I am able to follow your directions up to where you indicate you plug the red/black end into the 3GX. There is no available port on the 3GX??

What port are you using for the Red/Blk connection?

Are you pluging your ESC into the THR port of the 3GX?

Where are you connecting the ESC?

Thank you for any help.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh...wait.....I think I see. YOU plug th ered/blk tab into the bottom of the 3GX wher the pins are perpindicular to the servo pins. In other words the pins that are horizontal, correct?
I didn't realize those pins were identified on top pf the 3GX as "Batt/AUX OUT". VERY COOL...!!!!

Thanks for blazing the trail.

EastR84

Here is my wiring with the multi-colored 3GX wires. I have the red/white/black from the ESC going into the THR plug in the 3GX. Will this work? Sorry for the lack of light, not a great flash on my camera.photo2.jpg

photo2.jpg

EastR84

yes but you have to add the power and ground from the 3gx to the rx

Still a newbie at this... is this the part where you need to replace the white wire with the purple wire (from the earlier post)? Does this require any soldering or other special tools?

Tony

Staff member
As Jesse stated, if you are using the Spektrum Rx along with the 3GX, then you will plug the satellite into the Rx.

Top Bottom