3GX Trex 450 Pro V2 with DX6i

Adam

So i set this up with two sat receivers and was having problems so i read the manual more in depth and it stated in one little paragraph that i had to use a standard receiver so here is how i routed everything. Sorry for the video quality.
[video=youtube_share;Kv-fyTLb2hg]http://youtu.be/Kv-fyTLb2hg[/video]

Tony

Staff member
Looks good to me bro, but aesthetics are not the question, it's the function that I'm wondering about.

Adam

I will set it up tomorrow just to see if it worked but no maiden flight with that front gear like it is lol

Adam

Sam i wish i would have seen this before because i think the fram shorted out the 3gx I am at a loss of words and thinking i should just quit all together I am literally crying right now. Anybody want a trex
All wires were connected properly
3gx - Rx
batt - Bind/batt
Thr - Thr
Rud - Rud
Gear - Gain
Ele - Ele
Ail - Ail
Pitch - Aux1
I think I fryed the 3GX and I am just at a loss of words everybody.

Adam

I used An AR6210 RX and looking at the other build on this forum he is using an 8 channel. Im debating if it is even worth the trouble to order another one or not.

- - - Updated - - -

ok wired it the way I got it and it has life yay back to the drawing board lol

Adam

So I can not get it operational with the AR6210. So I did some research and low and behold i need a 7 channel rx lol. So now to order one and wait again. This is fun.

Adam

So i copied someone else from their Trex build and went to EAA and got an AR8000 for dirt cheap so back to the table Lol. And so on this not i will be posting my HK450GT BNF to spectrum with spare parts for 275 + Shipping when i have time.
20120729_161155.jpg

20120729_161155.jpg

Adam

Oh my what a journey with this awesome Heli. I might as well built the dam thing as many times as i have wired unassembled and assembled again lol. Well did a dry wiring out of the heli and it all worked and then assembled and wired everything up again. Did all my DIR and GYRO RUDDER settings again and whala i Have Head Holding mode now and can control gain. So if anybody with a DX6i needs to know how to set a 3GX up i have been through hell and will share everything lol. Here is what the wiring looks like now. I would maiden it but with a tooth missing on a front tail gear i figured it isnt worth the trouble it can wait.
20120729_174149.jpg20120729_174118.jpg

20120729_174149.jpg

20120729_174118.jpg

heli-maniac

well thats good news
how did you wire it
i am a newbee at this and dont see how a 6ch radio can work a ch that it dose not have so please let us know
i may be in the same boat if i ever get mine back out been to tied up with the other 3gx with a 3g system on it and my sport

Adam

Thanks Stokke and i had to check your setup on yours to try to figure out how to make mine work and it almost got me there. And Jesse so here is what i learned as far as running a DX6i with a 3GX Flybarless System.
You can do it with a 7 ch receiver but i got a deal on an AR8000 and well that is what Stokke has on his and it looked great. In his videos i noticed he had a DX7 so there was some changes.
Wire configuration is 7 inputs that come off your 3GX System 3 for cyclic one for rudder one for gain one for throttle and one to power Rx. I tried with a 6 channel receiver powering it through the bind input but no luck it actually made me think i fryed the system i dodged a bullet on that one and after reading stokke's build i went back to the drawing board and realized it was not. Here is the configuration for a 6ch TX

3GX - 7Ch+ RX
Ail - Ail
Elev - Elev
Pitch - Aux1
Rudder - Rudder
Throttle - Throttle
Gain - Gear
Batt - Aux2 or Aux3
Hence you can use an 7 ch rx but i think the 8 Ch rx looks better on the bird lol. So in the future i hope this helps.

heli-maniac

so what is the battery aux port on the 3gx used for the book shows a battery plugged in to it
so i dont understand why you are putting in a second battery or what in in aux2or3

Adam

Ok the batt ports on the 3gx one is just Batt which nothing is connected there cause you get the power from the esc. there is a batt wire that comes with the 3gx that you use for a standard Rx which runs from the 3gx batt out/bind input to the rxs aux 2 or aux3 input. I hope this answers your question.

- - - Updated - - -

that is so you have power ran t your Rx cause you are only using signal wires on the rest to make it little more understandable.

heli-maniac

so you could use a 6ch rx and just ad power to the aux1 port below the signal wire
would that be the same it would be like powering up the same way a mems gyro dose

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
You have to run that battery wire to the Rx from the 3GX to provide power to the Rx. The other wires are just signal wires and carry no power.

Adam

Jesse that is the only thing I didn't try lol I didn't feel like modding the wires. in theory maybe. the power wire that runs from the 3gx had a signal wire and doesn't turn on until you have signal to your tx so I'm not sure

Top Bottom