450 3GX set up to DX6i help.

murankar

Staff member
Wish I had more input for ya. I do not own a 3gx. I only know stuff from the posts made on here. I am positive that some here can help you more.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
ok ... so let me ask or remind you this little thing.. :)

Entering the DIR menu is a bit tricky.. You have to press the DIR button while pluggin in the battery.. Which I know that you prbably know that from the video.

One thing though. If you keep it pressed past the time the green lights are done doing their sequence.. that gets into GOVERNOR setup mode and out of DIR mode. I did that mitake a couple times. So.. when you plug in the battery.. the green lights start ot go from left to right (or somethinglike that..) and as soon as the last light is ON, you have to remove your finger from that button.. Try that and tell us.. after that.. just follow tony's directions..

sparrow06

in this video at 06:12 when i press the set button to do the elevator reverse the light turn red not green and also the aileron reverse the light is turning red.

- - - Updated - - -

I followed everything right except when i go to elevator & aileron reverse the light is red not green.

Last edited by a moderator:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
ok if its just about the LED.. then .. just lets do this. Save it with LED's red.. after you have set your elevator limits on the radio, and then the reverse menu.. If the elevator is doing what its supposed to on the swash plate.. right stick up is swash pushed forward. and right stick back is swash pulled back.. and tilting heli forward is making the swash automatically correct the opposite direction and vice versa.. then you can ignore the LED's for now, and move on..

Just making sure.. your swash type in your heli is set to 120.. and all trims are centered right? in your gyro menu.. set your gyro position "0" to more than 50 and "1" to less than 50 (starting off with say 65 on 0 ) .. and then see if the status lights go green. But that wont make a difference. if after saving the setup, going out of DIR menu, in normal mode, if you swash is responding the correct way, and the gyro is correcting the correct way. then you are golden. :) Thats all that matters :)

sparrow06

Here is the video after the set up with red light.

and i can't even open the software 2.1 or 1.2. here is the error message.

3GX-X3.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I've noticed on the video after the set up the status led is green and the GOV led is red. mine is reverse, the status is red and GOV is green.

3GX-X3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

heli-maniac

It sounds like you ate setting it up with the 2 sat recievers if so that is why the red lights you cant set it up on a dx6i with the 2 sat rxes there is a way rmto wire it for a nirmal rx

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Thats true what Jesse said.. I did the same. With DX6i you cant run just the specktrum satellites. You need a seventh channel for gyro gain then which you dont have.. So run like an AR6200 or similar.. Tony used his like that cause he has a DX8 .. its an 8 channel.. or eve DX7 wont need a normal satellite.. Lower than that dx6i and all 6 channel TX's need a full RX..

sparrow06

Thats true what Jesse said.. I did the same. With DX6i you cant run just the specktrum satellites. You need a seventh channel for gyro gain then which you dont have.. So run like an AR6200 or similar.. Tony used his like that cause he has a DX8 .. its an 8 channel.. or eve DX7 wont need a normal satellite.. Lower than that dx6i and all 6 channel TX's need a full RX..

how about this?

2012014163004_SPMAR6115e.jpg

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
This is confirmed fact (tried and tested by myself lol) that 3GX wont work with just a satellite. You can do setup with it may be.. but NOT FLY.

Ok so about the 6115e. It will work perfectly fine.. BUT is not recommended for a 450 heli. In helis the space is cramped and the rx is sitting by a high noise motor which makes very high frequency noise disturbance for the RX's. This means that the 6115e which already is a park flier (which is not full range just park range), will be subject to enough noise that it's range will deplete further. So what you are looking for is a "Full Range" RX. The satellites that you are using can actually be hooked into many of these FULL RANGE RX's as an added range feature. .Thats how i use it in my 600 Size. Like an AR6210 .. You already have a satellite, all you will need is the RX part with ports on it. Spektrum Satellites are the same across the board.

heli-maniac

thanks for the info man. how about the AR7200BX?
dont know if how it would work with just a 6 ch tx i do know the the 3g works well with the dx6i
if you change and want to sell the 3gx pm me what you want for it
this is trait from horizons wed site on it
for tx that work with it
This receiver will bind to any DSM2 or DSMX transmitter. It is highly recommended that the radio be a computer programmable transmitter.

A list of some compatible transmitters include the Spektrum DX6i, DX7, DX7s, DX8, DX10t, DX18, JR 12X, JR 11X, and X9503, as well as any transmitters equipped with a DSM2 module.

The line of JR DMSS transmitters (XG11, XG8, XG6) will *not* work with this receiver.

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
image-2057302292.jpg

Here this is from the manual use exactly this.

7200bx is a rx wih gyro built in. Works perfectly fine with the dx6i. But eliminates the need of 3gx

Higher quality gyro than the 3gx.. It's basically ar7200+beastx giving you ar7200bx :)

But ar6200 or 6210 is perfect

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

image-2057302292.jpg

heli-maniac

you wire it like the book shows for the spektrum rx and then you have to make a jumper wire out of the white red and black lead that comes with the 3gx
you have to take the white wire out of the jumper one end will plug in to the 3gx bind port the other end i take the purple thro. wire and place it in were the wite wire was and then plug it in to the rx in the thro. port this is how it powers up the rx you bid it using the bind port on the rx not the 3gx
should look like this

Tony

Staff member
As stated, the 7200 is the gyro and the Rx built into one and it will take the place of the 3GX gyro.

Here is what the lights mean on the gyro. Gov red, gov is off. Gov green, gov is on. Status light is red=rate mode, green = Heading hold mode. With just the DX6i and the 3GX, the status light will always be red because it will always be in rate. As stated, you must run the other Rx with the 3GX to gain gyro function. But you have purchased this and Gaba posted the manual on how to wire it up.

Hope you get it in the air soon. Let us know if you have any other issues.

sparrow06

you wire it like the book shows for the spektrum rx and then you have to make a jumper wire out of the white red and black lead that comes with the 3gx
you have to take the white wire out of the jumper one end will plug in to the 3gx bind port the other end i take the purple thro. wire and place it in were the wite wire was and then plug it in to the rx in the thro. port this is how it powers up the rx you bid it using the bind port on the rx not the 3gx
should look like this

i am confused:hopelessness:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Use the manual (the page snip I posted here) and follow that to the t.

Jesse says that Same thing in words

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Top Bottom