450 3GX not working

Westy

LEGEND
yep .... when you move the tail to the right... the slider should go left to apply pitch to the blades to counter act the action. I have a good video on the topic that shows you what actually happens when even a big heli is set up wrong ... .

Setting up Heading hold mode (AVCS) - GAIN!!!

This shows you flight pre prep and howto set up your direction correctly and demonstrates what happens if you have your Gyro Reversed...

Last edited by a moderator:

yardner

OK, I found Coolgap's thread and followed it to re-setup/update firmware my 3GX.
Then i followed Tony's new video (thanks Tony) to set of the 3GX.
Then i followed Coolgap's tread again to set my Ele/Ail pots both to 110.
put some blades on it and spooled it up and got it in the air to hover it around !!!!
Man, it was spoooooky !!! still real touchy!!!
But going back to Coolgap's thread and set my settings to his shreen shots that he shows on his thread. i think he moved his pots down to 105/105 saying that this will very on different helis.

But I did get it in the air and could not have done it without the help i got here. THANKS

so going to see what happens.

yardner - texas

Westy

LEGEND
where is that thread? can you show us ... did s search on Coolgap and found this thread .... Circles people circles

yardner

Westy,
yes, you are correct. when i move the cyclic the swash gets full movement
and when i move the heli the gyro compensation movement is very slight movements.
but after updating f/w to 3.0 the twitchy/glitchyness is not there any more. so i guess thats something.

thanks

- - - Updated - - -

its in the, beginners help area - New-Findings-on-the-Align-3GX-3-0-upgrade

here the link: http://www.rc-help.com/showthread.php/6353-New-Findings-on-the-Align-3GX-3-0-upgrade

Tony

Staff member
If you have not done it yet, put in some DR and Expo into your Tx. I always start out with 70% DR and +35% expo. That will tame the sticks down a LOT making it easier to fly. Glad you got it in the air!

Westy

LEGEND
hmmm ... I read somewhere that with the 3gx you do not put in any mixing at all..... ah well must have been the chinglish translation as it also said to set it up as a single servo 90 degree set up ... and we all know how UNTRUE that is! Lol

Tony

Staff member
Right, no mixing such as throttle to aileron mixing and so on. DR and expo is not really mixing in the sense it's not mixing two different channels. You can still safely run DR and Expo to help tame it down.

Westy

LEGEND
Lol ... yeah I did know that .... Funny thing is ... how I have it set up now ... is exactly the same as it behaves on the Phoenix with the goblin ..... Not the perfomance haha ..... or the look ... but it feels the same as far as as soon as you stop moving your thumb, the exact same micro second, the heli snaps to attention in the same manner. It is hard to explain... but I have spent a heap of time on both heli and sim now and can actually feel the difference!

I want to get to the airfield and ler her rip and see how fast she rolls with no EXPO!.... as I do not change the DR settings except on Tail servo channel for piro speed matching etc.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
DR can help out a lot if someone is a stick banger. Meaning, they go full stick when correcting. If you are light on the sticks and have a decent cordnation, you can make due without it. I still run DR sometimes on my airplanes (3D planes) to take off and land. It's just easier and is a cover just in case you have a panic moment.

Westy

LEGEND
Oh ok .... I have never been a stick banger, but I guess it would be good for a sensitive plane that needed nursing into land and you did not want to stuff it up so reduced the total throw (DR) and speed during the throw (EXPO) relative to the throw.

Dont you just love the technology we are blessed with ! and even the night and day of the 3 axis Gyro has really really changed the way we fly helis!..... it is great for the hobby/sport

Tony

Staff member
I'm loving every minute of it. And when you have a plane that has a rudder deflection of over 10", it's nice to turn the rates down sometimes lol. Those things can get very twitchy really fast.

I wonder how a 3GX would work on a plane... :scratchchin:

yardner

Yes Tony thanks, i have it set at 100 + 30 expo and that tones it down enough for me.
Just need to remember to switch it on before i lift off right after i've updated the f/w on the 3GX and i dont really no how its gonna react... woops :nonchalance:

Tony

Staff member
I'm reading through all of the steps on the 3.0 firmware adn will be making a video shortly. I'm having to learn this as I go and the thing that sucks is, I can't even fly the heli ATM. So I have no way of testing anything...

Top Bottom