450 3GX Newbie and a few questions

murankar

Staff member
Actually zyx-s is not a Clone. Its tarots original design. On the other hand Kbar is a clone.

My question is if zyx-s is a clone which fbl is it a clone of? :confused-new:

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Last edited:

holtneil

Hi may be clone was not the right word , there are a handful of gyros that have the same workings all made by the same company just different name on the case , As tarot make clones I thought it was , sorry was not imformed right , But I still feel having flown on about 5 different gyros as for a cheap gyro the Kbar is one of the best made be as its a clone of one of the best gyros

murankar

Staff member
Its all good. I thought it was but CoolGabsi said it wasn't. To be honest it very well could be. The setup is very similar to Vbar.

holtneil

Hi I think what we all need to do is as we try these clone gyro post , what we find , like how easy to set up , how they fly, how easy to tune and where we get them cheap

n8lbv

Just to wrap this up, I'm incredibly incredible *INCREDIBLY* frustrated that I culd not get ansers anywhere on the Align gyro and WHY no gain or hardly any gain was avaiable on firmware V5 and I really tried EVERYTHING.

In fact I tried to fly that particular Heli FLybarless for well over 2 years and never had ANY luck with the original FBL I tried CopterX CX3X2000
People told me for well over a year try this try that type stuff "check for vibrations" "you probably have vibration problems" "balance your blades".
I finally figured out that gyro was just total crap and that I was ripped off.
I expected MUCH better from Align I really did.
Then seeing this forum and watching the setup video and hearing him say "thins thing flys every bit as good as BeastX in the video was VERY encouraging.
I studied the video for almost a month watched it many times then got to work.
Then (instead of wasting an entire year like I did on the CopterX product) I wasted about one month and too kthe time to post and ask questions on about every forum available including this one.
The problem persisted... clearly not enough cyclic gain to fly.. WHY???
But no answers from anyone anywhere... Only to downgrade the firmware which has a problem with tipping or losing it on the ground.
What crap!!! :)

So I put in a Kbar that cost $24 and it has been flying absolutely PERFECTLY since my last post.
I've got about 3.5 weeks of hard flying on this thing and it is every bit as good as my Blade 450X with the BeastX.

Over two years of trying all kinds of things and no luck on that HK450... I actually stuck with Flybars on my builds and learned on those over the past 2 years until I got the 450X.

Any WTF Align??? Big brand name can't even make something that works properly?
GRRRRRRRR.........VKBar.jpg

VKBar.jpg

Tony

Staff member
I feel your frustration, trust me I do. When I stated in the video that it flies just as stable as the BX, I should have added "after countless hours of playing with settings on this friggin thing" lol. The 3GX can work, but as you now see, can come bad right out of the box. It's like there is a difference from one batch to the next. Some tip, some have tail issues, some like 5, some like 3. With Ikon or BX, the things just work.

I'm glad you got it going though. That is all that matters. Now all we need is some video.

I do apologize for not being able to help out more on this issue.

trainrider06

I hate to hear that you had to go through so much n8lbv, it's so frustrating sometimes with these things!
I think the biggest problem with some of these FBL controllers especially like the 3GX is there are a lot of misses and few hits with that thing. Where as the other ones that have a lot of hits compared to misses. From what I've seen with those 3GX systems its about 2 and 5 that work.
That Kbar is probably 4 outta every 5 that flies perfect, those odds are probably even better. I think I have heard of like one person outta 20-30 that had a problem with it....
I had a problem with mine, although it wasn't the Kbar it was the crappy USB cord that fouled my computer USB drives...after I got a different cord, the setup was pretty easy and the heli flies fantastic! As you know now of course!
I think it would be safe to say that getting a Kbar is a pretty safe deal!

holtneil

Hi Rodney I second that , I think the Kbar is one of the best clone gyros out there , it wont be long before the NEO is cloned

n8lbv

I'm glad you got it going though. That is all that matters. Now all we need is some video.

Got this heli back out recently for a few flights!!

Had it flying at IRCHA last year.
It always had a bit of a tail wobble that was not easily tuned out just by lowering the gain..
But got into the advanced settings and dropped the I gain a bit and go it fixed.

HK 450 and Kbar PID Tuning - YouTube

trainrider06

Nice flying man! I think that is the first time I've every seen a cheapie copter smacked around like that! LOL Glad that Kbar worked out for ya too. Should probably smash the 3GX with a hammer...LOL

Top Bottom