FBL Gyro 3GX D.O.A. (Dead on Arrival) ??????

Koppa

Members of the forum I need help.

Items on hand;

Align Trex 450 PRO DFC SUPER COMB with 3GX
Spektrum DX8 with AR8000 plus TM1000 with Sat and the sensors.
Align LiPo 11.1v 2200mAh 24.4Wh 30C
Venom Pro Charger
Phoenix R/C 4 Flight Simulation

I purchased 3 weeks ago new in the box Align 450 Pro DFC Super Combo. Read the instructions several times and watched all build's on You Tube.
Everything went together with no problems. Now I'm at the servo setting and adjustment phase.

I turn the power on and nothing happens.

I checked all the connections, checked battery for proper charge, and checked the wires attached to the 3GX for proper polarity and placement.
Still no power, none of the LED light turn on, No status, No Gov. indicator, and none of the 5 setup LED indicators.
I removed the electricals and then checked for broken wires with my Fluke, all appear to be okay. I'm also unable to bind.

I rewired the heli using the Spektrum AR8000 I have power and was able to bind and the servos work.

Am I missing a on/off switch some place on the 3GX or is it dead from the factory??

Thank You in advance for any help and advice,

Michael

Tony

Staff member
plug the satellite Rx's into the 3GX and plug the servos into the proper servo ports. Then plug the ESC into the throttle port. Now plug in your bind plug and plug in your battery to the ESC. You should get fast blinking lights on the satellite Rx's. Push the bind button on the Tx and turn it on while holding the button (in the correct model) and wait for the lights on the Satellite Rx's to go solid. Once that is done, you should get lights on the top of the 3GX unit.

Moved to the gyro section.

Koppa

Yes Sir, I rewired as directed. The Gov. Led went on Red and stayed a solid red and that's about all that happened.

Koppa

Nothing happened, just the Gov light stayed on Red and no bind.

In a few hours I will take in about a half a dozen more cups of coffee and a big magnifying glass in hand and go over all the wires again.

Koppa

3GX Update;

3GX ; Gov. Red LED light it stayed on.
5th Led Green light stayed on,
Binding plug used and the Bind worked. The AR8000 Red light and the Sat Red light turn on after binding
Pressing the set button on the 3GX did not help.
Just the Gov. red light on and the 5th LED Green light stayed on.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
3GX Update;

3GX ; Gov. Red LED light it stayed on.
5th Led Green light stayed on,
Binding plug used and the Bind worked. The AR8000 Red light and the Sat Red light turn on after binding
Pressing the set button on the 3GX did not help.
Just the Gov. red light on and the 5th LED Green light stayed on.

Can you connect this to a computer and may be do a firmware upgrade ...?

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Koppa

I tried several times to do a 2.1 and then the 3.0 firmware upgrade. My PC did not see the 3GX, all it did was just load the software, but yet it was unable to
locate it on any one of my drives.
I tried to install it on my Samsung Kronos Laptop and on a HP with 3.4 processor and it was a No-Go on both computers both PC are less than 9 months old.
I also upgraded the Windows 7 and Windows 8 just in case there might have been a problem with my software.

Tony

Staff member
Gaba, he has to have a bind to his Tx in order to have that work.

do you by chance have another bind plug to use? Are you sure you are putting the bind plug in the bind port and not one of the signal ports for the external Rx? I know this may sound redundant, just trying to cover all of the bases here.

Koppa

Yes Sir, I questioned that myself if I was binding in the correct port. I pulled out my cheaters, a high power light and a 20X magnifying glass and started all over again. I used one binder at a time, and then I used 2 binders at the same time. I still get the same results, No Bind, and a Red Led light below the Gov. label and zero function for the rest.
My question is What are the chances of the 3GX being bad from Align and what are the chance of the cables being broken or break apart while they being flexed and yet when I tested them they were layout straight and flat and I got continuity. I order a set of new cables just in case mine were some how bad.

Michael

Tony

Staff member
There is a chance that the 3GX is bad. It's a piece of electronic and with all fo them, no matter the QC, there will be bad ones out there.

If you could, fire up a video camera and go through the process that you are doing. Make sure to show the top fo the 3GX as well as the satellite Rx's and the Tx. This is pretty much a last resort before I would suggest talking to Align.

Top Bottom