FBL Gyro 3GX and burnt servos

Clifford Poddar

I wanted to ask anyone if this was a common occurrence, or point me to a possible reason why I burnt out 2 of my servos while setting up the 3gx on my Trex 450. I haven't played with any of my helicopters in some time, and decided to set one up again to fly. I have Hitec HS-5065MG for the ccpm. My 3gx was on version 2, and I updated it to v5. All the servos were working great for the past few days while working on the helicopter. But when I decided to setup the 3GX two of them burnt out. I was in the dir menu when it happened.
I should mention that I've had these servos for some time and they've been working great even before I went flybarless about 1-2 years ago, so i know they were working great. They were also working great for the past few days before I upgraded to v5, when I took the helicopter out to see if it was still calibrate correctly. I only hovered the heli.

I did plug in the 3gx to my computer to ensure it the settings were on digital and 1520, and it was fine.

Any ideas? Thanks for your time and help!

holtneil

Hi mate were the servos buzzing before they burnt out it sound like they were over driving in the DIR mode , it is possible that the servo travel was to high when you went to re-set up , if I ever go to do this I reset transmitter setting for the heli before I start on the Gyro

Clifford Poddar

I completely reset my tx before doing this because I ended creating a new preset for the heli.. All travel distances are at 100% (and not 125%).. Unless you set the travel distances in the 3gx for cyclic servos as well as the tail (I blew two cyclic ones). Or unless I have to tune down the travel distances below 100% with the 3gx.

Btw, is it possible to use a 720 pules tail servo with 1520 cyclic servos?

Thanks again

Tony

Staff member
Yup, you can. Just set the tail to 720 in the rudder setup menu.

And I would leave all travels at 100%. Reduce the throw in the swash mix menu on your Tx.

Top Bottom