3d Printer

bigone5500

I thought you said you had the capricorn. I may not get that one and stick with capricorn. You haven't had any issues have you?

Tony

Staff member
I have had 0 issues with it, but replace the ends that it goes into as well. Especially if the ones you have has plastic fingers on the inside.

bigone5500

Razor blade to the rescue! I just like the fact that it comes with a cutter and all the pushlock connectors for just a couple dollars more.

Tony

Staff member
No razor blade, just my pocket knife lol. But yea, that kit should work just fine. As long as the fingers are metal and not plastic lol.

bigone5500

@Tony Can you possibly take a photo of the extruder on your machine and post it here? I am wondering if it's the same one as on mine. You still use the stock one right?

Tony

Staff member
I will have to get energy to take it apart to get to the extruder, but I'm sure it is the same.

bigone5500

I'm 99.975% sure it is too. I have read and seen videos that say the Ender 5 is simply the Ender 3 Pro in a more sturdy frame.

bigone5500

I tried to print the first of a set of chess pieces today and for some reason the print failed at about 65%. The nozzle made a terrible mess in the infill. I think I had my feed rate too high. Another thing I had a problem with is the feeder kept slipping which is probably due to too high feed rate. The nozzle temp was probably not high enough to keep up. I'll adjust it tomorrow and see what happens. My plan is to decrease the feed rate, slow down the print speed to 35, and increase the temp to 205.

Failed print.
20190818_175913.jpg

bigone5500

Well 3 hours 20 minutes into a print my printer starts making a grinding noise. I think the wheels may be bad. Luckily this printer has a year warranty. Here is what it sounds like:

Tony

Staff member
Take the drive off the stepper and move the axis. If you don't feel anything weird, it's likely just a loose belt.

bigone5500

The belt is definitely tight. I am going to give it a good cleaning tomorrow as maybe there is some dust in the track. I sent creality an email about it anyway.

Top Bottom