3d Printer

bigone5500

So I went ahead and bought the printer. I was gonna wait but this deal was pretty good. I got the creality ender 5 on Amazon for $315. It will be here this Friday. If I cant figure out the fusion 360 program I guess I'll have to hire a good fusion 360 designer... Wink wink!

bigone5500

Be sure to use the coupon for $34 off.

Creality Ender 5 Creative Solid Core XY FDM 3D Printer Upgraded Brand Power Supply Resume Printing for hobbyists Home and School Users
Amazon product

Tony

Staff member
You'll figure out Fusion, no problem. If I can, kind of, then you definitely can. I'm out of a job...

bigone5500

Is there a problem with the bowden tube that comes with the pronters? Should I upgrade to something else?

Tony

Staff member
It has some slack in it that can cause retraction issues. Maybe they fixed it, I'm not sure. Use the one that you have now and see how it works out.

Tony

Staff member
Nope, I can get this one to stick just fine. And this bed is textured. So how is the plastic going to stick to glass better than a plastic textured surface. Don't over think it.

bigone5500

Hmmm... True, very true.

I'm in the process of printing a sample file from the included SD card just to see what happens. It looks as if it will turn out pretty decent.

One thing I can say is this thing is noisy.

Tony

Staff member
If it is the same thing that came with mine, the included filament is not enough and it will not complete. But trust me, unless you are looking for an ultra smooth bottom, stick with the bed that came with it. Can you use tempered? Yes, but you had better have some 3M Super 77 on hand to spray on there just to make things stick, and you had better use a brim to help hold things in place.

Tony

Staff member
Heat up the head, pull out the filament, push new filament in, extrude until you see the proper color.

Tony

Staff member
There is a little stringing going on, but not bad. Make sure your bowden tubes are pushed in all the way and have as little slop in them as they can. That file has a MASSIVE retraction distance, so it shouldn't string at all. This tells me that the tube was sliding in and out slightly. Oh, and that stock tube is a larger ID than the blue one that I have, another reason I upgraded lol. But all in all, not bad. Now, open up the file below in Cura, delete one of the objects and print it. Should take about 50 minutes. You will have a pause in it, but you can just hit resume (somehow... I use OctoPrint lol).

Attachments

• Micro_Alien_Antenna_Mount_Final_x2.zip
    551.2 KB · Views: 1

Tony

Staff member
Oh, and by the way, the pause at line 61 in that file is for a filament color change...Wait, I can't remember if that pause is in this file actually... Actually, I know it's not. It's in the gcode file.... So yea, just print it. 0.1mm layer height, enable retraction, 225c temp with a 40c bed and set the z speed to 120mm/s

Tony

Staff member
I have no idea on the bowden tube. I'm using Capricorn on mine. And I didn't pay that much for my filament but it may adhere better than what I have. I just don't know, don't have it.

Top Bottom