Prop 3D Hobbyshop 48" Edge 540

Chris O'Hara

Thermal Padawan
Well my order from Grayson Hobby is finally coming on Tuesday, so hopefully I can get some flight time in that afternoon or Wednesday

Chris O'Hara

Thermal Padawan
I got some great flying in yesterday! The maiden flight was a little bumpy because of the wind, this plane really likes to float on the 2200 mAh 3cell, I really need a 3000mAh to help it cut through the wind better. Unfortunately no one with a video camera was out there.

Chris O'Hara

Thermal Padawan
Got more flying in today, but the problem is that no one ever seems to have a camera out there when I'm flying. I got a friend to record a little video on his old Iphone, and I should have it soon. By the way, this plane can snap like CRAZY! It is such fun to fly and it is so light wit the 2200's that I'm getting 3000's to help it cut through the wind. This plane is amazing, I am a big fan of 3DHS now!

Tominator06

Rolling Harriers Are My Drug!
I'm glad you like it. You might want to try a more forward CG for windy flights. She is a great tumbler for sure. I really have fun hammering on mine.

Chris O'Hara

Thermal Padawan
edge 540 hover.jpg

Finally got a couple pictures, unfortunately the only camera out there was an Iphone......Oh well I like this picture anyways. Ordered the 3000mah lipos yeserday, should have a little more power to it.

edge 540 hover.jpg

Reid

I'm looking to get into a 3dhs 48" Edge ( absolutely love the things I read about it). Only problem is that being a poor college student I'd like to keep it on the lower end cost wise without going too cheap. Anyone have any suggestions as far as motor, ESC, or servos?? Any help is appreciated!!

-Reid

Tominator06

Rolling Harriers Are My Drug!
Mine is setup with the recommended or above equipment. There have been a few in the official 48 edge thread on Rcg who have tried some other equipment. Most decide the recommended is the best value/performance is the best choice. The thread is large but might be worth checking out for alternatives. Here is a link to the thread on RcG. 3DHS 48" EDGE 540 (1.5 Buck Huck) - RC Groups

Top Bottom