Micro 130x upgrade parts list?

JEXFIRE

I too have a bone stock, slightly used 130x on the way to me. Was wondering if you seasoned 130x owners out there can compile an parts upgrade list for me. I want this heli to teach me 3D flight and be tough and reliable and be able to last through the growing pains. I'll be using a JR 9503 for guidance. I've read just about all the other threads on this heli and my head is swimming with all the info lol thanks in advance!

JEXFIRE

I believe I read in here that you changed over to micro deans plugs? Are you still running the stock esc /mixer?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yep.. just changed that over to the Micro deans too :) Its easy.. just two leads just like the batteries :)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
More or less.. :) just making sure everything works right. Feeling the expo out and seeing if I need more or less .. And pitch curve.. I fly at idle up 2 regardless so it doesn't matter a whole lot :)

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

xokia

[Tail slider and ds35 are AWESOME and needed. but rest.. depends on how problematic you find your bird. or how you like it.. :)
What's a tail slider? And what led you to change out the tail servo? My tail responds wonderfully with the stock servo.

heli-maniac

the tali slider is what moves the tali blades the ds 35 is faster smoother and dose not have to be cleaned my stock ones were fine just did the upgrade to do and like it better holds better also

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yes you are right Xokia.. The tail servo works wonderfully until it gets dirt in it.. cause it is highly exposed component. Needs constant cleaning and care. My stock one still works .. But Flying this bird on a regular basis it ends up giving issues. ESP be careful wth the teny weeny mechanics mounting screws (black small ones on the board) they tend to fall out. You CAN replace those 4 with bigger screws.

But.. thats not the main issue. if you dont clean it, it will fail. And that replacement is more expensive than the DS35 itself which is 15 bucks total. and Never has issues with getting dirty.. and has consistent performance.

I dont know if you have seen that but people have replaced cyclics with ds35 too.. not the best way to do it.. but I would If I had a chance.. I have had an elevator servo lock up. And that has caused a catastrophic crash on concrete with idle up 2.. lol.. so yeah. I try to be very careful.. and ds35 mod is just easy and a GREAT investment. :)

xokia

Yes you are right Xokia.. The tail servo works wonderfully until it gets dirt in it.. cause it is highly exposed component. Needs constant cleaning and care. :)
Great so I know what to look out for now. Currently I fly in a grass field. And with all the rain that Oregon gets the ground is pretty soft. So 90% of the time crashes just invovle picking it up and tossing it in the air. I only recently cracked my first set of landing gear because I lost orentation and came down from pretty high up. It was either shut the motor off or loss the dang thing on someone's roof.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Grass flying is the problem for tail servo.. More fine dust and soil it gets exposed to. You'll need to be very careful.. :) I fly over grass too

xokia

Grass flying is the problem for tail servo.. More fine dust and soil it gets exposed to. You'll need to be very careful.. :)

I'm back at work now so my flying time will be greatly reduced. It's dark by 5pm around here so flying time will be reserved for weekends IF its not raining. I think I will have to be satifies with flying the mcpx indoors for now :( The 130x is SO much funner to fly though.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Do you get a lunch break lol

That's when I fly... Lol all it needs is a small patch!

JEXFIRE

Have you guys had any problems with tail bearings failing? I've heard some pilots swapping bearing for flanged ones. And also have you had any unwanted tail resonance or vibration? I've also seen people balancing tail blades,stiffening the vertical fin, and even adding an additional tail servo linkage support.

heli-maniac

its kinda a hit or miss thing on the tail i had some but most of it was the tail boom split have not had any bearing problems yet
i had a fully stock one with just KDBB tail blades and ds35 servo for the tail and O rings and that thing was awesome

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Tail resonance comes and goes on mine.

The trick is the realize at what stock location that comes and go past that quick so it doesn't get stuck there. I sometimes flip idle up and it just never returns. I am using xtreme tail blades and used kbdd's before.. So I didn't balance any.

As far as bearing failure.. Check for play in the flanged bearings in the tail. See if you have too much vertical play in that output shaft on tail... More vertical play means dead bearing. Till recently I just kept buying blade replacement ones and replacing them when needed. I flew and crashed a lot. So it takes a toll. But needless to say, those blade flanged bearings on the two sides of that tail output shaft aren't the best quality and have a very short life.

You can buy microheli or lynx or xtreme bearings from websites like tmkarc1hobby (my fav) or eBay

Or there is boca bearings company making some bearings which aren't flanged but fit it...

All this to say... Rember one thing with 130.. Respect the physical Maintanence of this bird like you would a big bird. Pre flight check .. Going over wiring and bearings .. Looking for play.. Nicks... So on and so forth. Cleaning periodically... If you do that, you will not run into a wall ever. ;)

If you don't and treat it like we used to mcpx or msr.. Then it's gonna backfire ... :)

heli-maniac

Gaba you get the LYNX carbon TT yet
I got mine in but not flown yet the c gear fits nice and tight on it made the gear mesh really good

Top Bottom