General 120SR & Blade 450 3D

Hi,
I am a beginner & I have Spektrum DX6i that I would like to use with my B4503D & 120SR.
I am looking for instructions or videos to show me how to set up the transmitter to use on both of theses helicopters.
I will be very grateful for your help.
Thanks
Regards:
Walter

stokke

Hello Walter, and welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!

Do you have two receivers which you can bind to your transmitter?
You'll need one receiver (often called Rx) for each of your models.

Hi stokke.
Thanks for a quick reply.
I bought my Blade 450 3D with the transmitter as ready to fly.
I bought the Blade 120SR as bind & fly.
They told me that I do not need to bind the 120SR.

I have altered, re-set, applied the settings as described in the RTF Blade 450 3D & I have done all sorts of thing including altering the settings as described by videos on other web site.
I tried to test it out by using my Phoenix simulator but I could not fly anything. The controls were in strange locations on the display.
I like to be able to set the transmitter for a beginner and be able to fly the helis. I am new & very discouraged. I will appreciate your help.
Regards:
Walter

Tony

Staff member
You will still have to bind the 120 but on a different model.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

stokke

I have altered, re-set, applied the settings as described in the RTF Blade 450 3D & I have done all sorts of thing including altering the settings as described by videos on other web site.
I tried to test it out by using my Phoenix simulator but I could not fly anything. The controls were in strange locations on the display.
I like to be able to set the transmitter for a beginner and be able to fly the helis. I am new & very discouraged. I will appreciate your help.

I'll leave out the Phoenix set-up and 120SR for now.

You say the 450 is RTF.
When you power up the Tx, then the Rx, do you have control of the helicopter?

Hi Marius.

Thanks for your reply.
All I can say is that before fiddling with the settings, B450 was responding to the transmitter.
I have B4503D on a training stand and I wouldn't dare to fly it. I am not ready for it yet.

I like to try to fly the 120SR first but all my settings on the transmitter are incorrect after altering the original settings.
I have also tried resetting the transmitter in the settings section of the transmitter and I suppose the transmitter needs to be re programmed.

I like to start from the beginning and create two models with the correct settings for each helicopter. I have learnt to navigate my way around settings & adjustment procedure.
What I do not know is; what are the correct settings for a beginner for each model.

My transmitter is so bad, that I can not even fly any models on my Phoenix sim. I used to be able to do before.
I have watched a number of videos but I am no wiser.
Reagrds:
Walter

stokke

Re: 120SR & Blade 450 3D

From what I can gather, you want to be flying your 120SR before anything else.
My explanations will go through stuff you already may know, but bear with me.

You'll have to start out on your transmitter.
Find your "Model Select" screen.
There you can scroll through 10 saved models.
Your list may just be composed of models named "Model 1: Acro" "Model 2:Acro" etc. etc.

What you'll want to do is make 3 new models:
Model 1:Simulator
Model 2:120SR
Model 3:450

Each model will require specific inputs.
But these are settings which will be required:

Model Select < What place in your "Model Select List" will be used.
Model Type < Helicopter or Airplane.
Model Name < Name (for example "Simulator" or "120SR").
Swash Type < How many servos are there, and where are the servos placed around the rotor-head.
(There may also be some other settings, but this just requires logical sense).

Swash Types:

Phoenix RC < 1 SERVO NORMAL
Blade 450 < 3 SERVOS 120°
120 SR < I'm not sure about this one, but think it might be 2 SERVOS 180°

Please fiddle around with this, and get back to us when you have gotten in your 3 models.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure how to start "Model select" on the DX6, but usually you hold down a button on the front (or back) while turning on the transmitter.

Re: 120SR &amp; Blade 450 3D

Hi Mrius.
I have created a model for B450 3D & I have entered the seetings that is in the manual that came with the B450 3D.
I then nade a model for 120SR and copied the setting for B450 3D in that model and changed the swash type to 90 degree for the 120SR.
120SR has one servo.
Where do I go from here.
Thanks for your help.

Regards:
Walter

stokke

Re: 120SR &amp; Blade 450 3D

I have created a model for B450 3D & I have entered the seetings that is in the manual that came with the B450 3D.
I then made a model for 120SR and copied the setting for B450 3D in that model and changed the swash type to 90 degree for the 120SR.
120SR has one servo.
Where do I go from here.

Good.
Now you'll just have to bind the Tx to the Rx.

Before commencing, turn all your switches to 0.

Start with the 450, as we know this helicopter has binded with your DX6i previously.
Before powering up the 450, pull up your Tx.
Choose the 450 in your "Model Select", then turn off your Tx.
Find the Rx on your 450, and locate a port that's called "BIND" (name may vary, but "bind" is on there somewhere).
Insert your bind plug into the bind port on the Rx.
Lower the throttle stick on your Tx (THIS IS IMPERATIVE).
On the back side of your Tx there is a "BIND" button.
Hold the bind button as you switch ON your Tx. The Tx will say "Binding" on the screen.
Now power up your 450.

You'll know when the binding is complete (the light on your Rx should stay constant lit).
I think you should be able to move the right control stick now, and there will be movement of the servos.
Disconnect the 450. Take out bind plug.
Bind completed!

The steps are the same for the 120SR.
If there is a fairly advanced Rx on your 120SR, it too should have a bind port, and a bind plug.
If not, there should be a bind button on the Rx.
I'm not familiar with the 120SR, so there is a bit of speculation from my side.

On your Phoenix flight simulator, there is no bind process.
Only make sure you set the values I provided in my previous post.
Just choose the "Simulator" from your "Model Select" screen before connecting the Tx to your computer.

Please try this, then come back.

callsign4223

Staff member
Actually, the 120 sr binds like the Msr, MCPx, or the MCx. All you do is make sure your Transmitter is turned off, then plug in the 120sr. After about 5 seconds the led will begin flashing. At this point hold in the trainer switch and turn on your Transmitter. Once the light is solid, the 120sr is bound to the transmitter and you can release the trainer switch on the transmitter. There is no bind plug or bind button on the 120sr.

Tony

Staff member
Adding to Matt's comment, on the 450, you will plug the bind plug into the helicopter, turn the helicopter on (light on Rx flashing rapidly), hold the bind switch on the Tx and turn the Tx on. When the lights on the Rx go solid, it's bound. Turn off the Rx, turn off the Tx, and remove the bind plug.

Lee

Here you go Walter. This is for the SR120.

D/R Expo
AILE 0 100% +20
ELEV 0 100% +20
RUDD 0 100% +20
Now flip all ypur switches to the "1" position...
AIEL 1 100% +15
ELEV 1 100% +15
RUDD 1 100% +15

TRAVEL ADJUST...all 100%

SUB TRIM ...all 0

RATE SW-GYRO
0:<100.0%
1: 0.0%

THROTTLE CURVE
NORM POS L 0.0%
POS 2 43.0%
POS 3 51.5%
POS 4 80.0%
POS H 100.0%
STUNT POS L 0.0%
POS 2 40.0%
POS 3 60.0%
POS 4 80.0%
POS H 100.0%

HOLD - 0.0%

PITCH CURVE ...not used its a FP heli!

SWASH MIX INH

MIX 1 INH

MIX 2 INH

REVO MIX all 0%

SET UP LIST:
MODEL TYPE HELI

REVERSE all N

SWASH TYPE 1 servo 90*

THRO CUT position INH

D/R COMBI D/R switch: INH

Thanks Tony.
This process is driving crazy.
I feel like throwing this transmitter away & buying a new one.
Thanks for your help.
Regards:
Walter

I just discovered how to say "thank you"

Tony

Staff member
It will take a little while to understand all of the different menu's and what they do, but once you do, it will all be worth it. I will say this, it's not as confusing as the 7s and 8 however. YOu have a great Tx, it will just take a little bit get to know it.

Hi Tony,
I was not quite sure about what you have written.
In the back pages of my manual for B4503D there is a sheet that indicates settings for DX6i.
Are you referring to the settings on this page?

This the sheet with the settings.
I have followed this settings and I have tried it on Phoenix to make sure that it is correct but I can't fly any model.
Spektrum DX6i.jpg

Spektrum DX6i.jpg

Top Bottom