General 120SR & Blade 450 3D

iflywhirlybirds

It is worth noting that Tony has made some FANTASTIC videos about how to set up a dx6i on a 450. I have both of the models and if you can set up a 450 on a dx6i the 120sr, great heli, literally requires one setting change and thats it. Change the swash type to 1 servo 90 degrees and your good to fly

Hi,
Thanks for your input.
I have followed the manual for the settings for B4503D which is at the back of the manual & tried to test it out by using my Phoenix Sim, but I couldn't fly anything. The sticks on the transmitter view were at an angle & it was crazy.
Do you agree with the settings in the back of the manual?
What settings do I need to be able to use the simulator?
Hope to hear from you.
Regards:
Walter

stokke

Re: 120SR & Blade 450 3D

I use Phoenix with my DX7S, and it works perfectly.
I would advise you turn off all D/R, Expo, set all servo throw to 100%, basically setting everything to 0 or standard/factory settings.
You should also set your swash setup to 1 SEVO 90° (if you haven't already).
You should update Phoenix to version 4 if you haven't done so.

When all this is done/checked, I would "add new transmitter", choose the DX6i, then go through the set up process including calibration.

THEN, you select a 450 or larger helicopter.

Go in to your menus:

Throttle curve: 0 - 100% (straight line).
Pitch curve: 0 - 100% (straight line).

Raise left stick to center: Heli should spool up.
Left stick right/left: Heli should rotate.
Raise left stick just a tad more: Heli should stay put on ground.
Try right stick inputs: Roll right/left, pitch forwards/backwards.

- - - Updated - - -

Straight line: as in straight diagonal line from bottom left, to top right.

bluenose

Hi,
Thanks for your input.
I have followed the manual for the settings for B4503D which is at the back of the manual & tried to test it out by using my Phoenix Sim, but I couldn't fly anything. The sticks on the transmitter view were at an angle & it was crazy.
Do you agree with the settings in the back of the manual?
Hope to hear from you.
Regards:
Walter

Walter,
I just want to emphasize something for you because I am fairly new as well and went through the same issues at first (I have the same two helis as well). As a few guys have already stated, in order to fly helis on your phoenix sim you need to set your swash setup to 1 SEVO 90°. For example, even though you are flying a Blade 450 3D in your sim that is normally set up to a 3 SERVOS 120°, you need to configure it in your DX6i to a 1 SEVO 90°. Set up another channel in your transmitter for the Blade 450 3D when you are not in the sim and set it up properly to the 3 SERVO setting.

Let us know how you make out.

sam91t

All this info is really well explained if you just watch the rchelpdotcom videos on youtube its not a hard transitter to use especially if you follow the steps on the youtube channel. Just sit and be patient and watch the videos and youll be fine.

Top Bottom