FBL Gyro Zyx s gyro settings DX6i

pj1969

Hi guys, I've rebuilt my 450pro dfc and managed to set the tarot zyx s up via PC, but have forgotten what values to put in the TX for gyro. I fly in HH mode and can't remember what is was before I rebuilt it. Also I need to find out how to change the tail gain in the software, it's currently on -51/51 and I believe it needs to start at 36%. Any help would be great. Also when tracking the blades i noticed that she wanted to spin like a top, is this due too values wrong in the TX?? Do I start at 35/65 In rate mode??

Tony

Staff member
IF it's spinning around on the ground, your gyro correction direction is backwards in the gyro. As for the gain, if you had it set before, it should be set now. There is a gyro menu in the DX6i, anything below 50% is Rate mode, above 50% is HH mode. You will want to start at about 65% on the DX6i. Hope this helps.

pj1969

Cheers Tony, the weather here is shocking at the moment, so i'm hoping to get out at the weekend to try the settings etc. I'll take my laptop with me, just for some fine tuning. hope i get it sorted, as i've finally got all the bits for my t rex 600 to convert to FBL and bought a tarot zyx to use. watch this space haha

pj1969

well that didnt go to plan lol tried spooling her to sort out spinning problem and she span round and tipped over, luckily i hit the switch before she dug in, but think i've stripped a servo. Cant understand why? i change gyro setting to reverse it, but was the same as it was on "N" mode. any ideas as what to try or it could be??

pj1969

It seemed to be working fine and holding when on the ground, it was only when she went light and about to take off. As soon as she goes into positive pitch she spins. these are what tx is set at
Travel adjust gyro (up arrow) 100%
GYRO 0-35%
1-65%
Reverse
GYRO =(R)
Will have to replace the gears to try her again. I'll order some now.

Tony

Staff member
If it's spinning then there is something backwards in the tail. Follow Lee's video in the link I posted and verify the tail and gyro are setup correctly.

pj1969

WOW!!!! wish i'd of seen that video before i tested her, i had to servo going the right way, but in the TAROT FBL program i had the gyro set to normal and believe it should of been reverse. After watching the video and going through travel step by step, it seems that it was that what was wrong. That sucks as i now have to strip her down to change the servo gears lol. Well they do say you learn by your mistakes. There is so much to take in in this hobby, but i will now know how to check the correct travel. THANK YOU TONY and THANK YOU LEE, with out you i would be just playing a PS3 lol. really appreciated. will let you know how i get on.

Tony

Staff member
As I always say, you never know what you don't know until you know it. Now that you have had an incident, and know what to check, you will check it every time you set up a new heli. Hope you get it in the air quickly.

Top Bottom