You've gotta see this EDGE 540 flight

Derek

Now...unfortunately, this video is not about the RCH Edge 540...maybe someday.

Instead...take a few minutes to watch this amazing flight video that I just was just shared with me, from one of my Youtube subscribers. This is an absolutely amazing flight with an amazing 540. Then...to top it all off, the pilot shuts off the engine while he is very high, glides around a bit "inverted"...comes down and glides over the runway "still inverted", then flips it to the landing gear. Just awesome!!!

Wenatchee Huckfest 2013 - Gabriel's Dead Stick Landing - YouTube

Derek

For sure! I love the landing.

Coming down over the runway, gliding inverted, then flipping over for touch down. Just impressive!!!

Derek

I have a simple solution...just build the RCH Edge 540 and replicate the landing. I'm going to try it tomorrow. I just need someone to come to Indiana and run the video cam for me. My wife will be working most of the day....ugh.

Tony

Staff member
It's not the same with a light weight foamie. I think that plane was a 50cc, at least it sounded like it was. I would try it first with my Extra, then my Edge mini when I get a new motor for it, then maybe my 50" Edge. Not sure I would try it with a 26% though (30cc).

Derek

Thank you, Captain Obvious, lol. I'm sure it wouldn't be the same with a lightweight foamie, lol. I was just thinking that it would be better to try out with a lightweight foamie before you try it with your balsa models.

Sparse

I do not fly plane but watched this video a couple times yesterday and today , MAN that guy can fly this video is SICK ! I give that guy alot of props, the skill it must take to do that, it is just unreal. even the announcer said at the end he never seen a dead stick inverted landing.:applouse:

Top Bottom