Your Thoughts On Product Reviews

Tony

Staff member
Once again I have some companies hitting me up to do some reviews for them. My question to you all is, what do you think about the review videos? What do you want to see in a review video (what item, what kind of video)?

Unfortunately it's no one like SAB, Horizon or anything like that, so there will be no reviews of high end products, but I do know I want to be extremely picky on what I do decide to accept for review. My thought is to split it up with something different every week for 4 weeks and then start over. What I mean by that is on the first week, lets say I do a helicopter, second week a quad, third week a car and fourth week a plane, then start over again.

But I don't want to do any of this if you all are not interested in review videos. So everyone post up and let me know your thoughts.

Admiral

I like the idea, but in fairness to all our members I think it should include Cars & the occasional Boat, I will probably only look at the airborne stuff, but I believe we should have something for everybody.

Tony

Staff member
That is where the third week comes into play in the example in the first post. Unfortunately it won't be 'good' cars and/or trucks, but cars and/or trucks nonetheless. As for boats, I never could really get into those. Sam (Breeze400) was the one that was majorly into boats but unfortunately he is no longer with us. But it would definitely have to include some ground pounders. Planes are going to be a little harder here where I live since I don't have a lot of room to fly them the way I like to fly (big air).

murankar

Staff member
I am with admiral in this. The only thing being highly pushed are quads. I am not much for another quad review. Plus I feel you need to be very picky about what you show on here. It would be a waist of time, effort and money to review stuff that you no one on here will buy.

If all they are willing to give up is a $50 quad I think your efforts are best used else where. What ever company it is they need to cater to our audience if they want to make money off of RCH.

Tony

Staff member
If I do this, quads will be reviewed. that is a given because on junk youtube channels that say EVERYTHING is good, that is all they push. They can't fly worth a crap, but they do just enough to make a video to get sent another free toy. Channels like that are what is killing channels like mine. Why watch the hour long technical video when you can watch captain dip**** play with a toy.....

murankar

Staff member
That's kind of how I feel about that bardwell dude.

If you can profit from it then go ahead. I don't think its going to be worth the effort if all your getting is cheap plastic throw away stuff. Yeah a gateway product but that is about it

bigone5500

I like helicopters and quads, but in all actuality, I have to say my favorite RC item would be in the four wheeled category. Especially nitro. However, nitro, in my opinion, has taken a back seat to electric. Electric is nice with no nasty residue of the fuel and the nuisance of tuning an engine. I'm game for any of it really though.

I say anything you can get them to send you then review it. Review it like you are telling your closest friend about it so he can get either a good product or not totally waste his hard earned money on it. Honesty I feel is the best seller. Not all that car salesman hype-it-up crap you see all over.

Tony

Staff member
You don't want me to do "anything they send to me". They would be sending me some A1 CRAP which would end our "cooperation" in a big hurry. I have to be very selective in what I have them send me so that it is something good and not trash that is going to stop them from sending me stuff.

I always tell the truth in my videos. Below are a few videos to prove just that. Amazon no longer hits me up to do reviews lol. But I will never lie about a product. But these three are videos where I do not suggest them to the end user.

Top Bottom