250 Yay crash!

zenmetsu

I knew it had to happen sooner or later. :)

I tore my entire head down and re-aligned it after seeing instructional videos online that were quite in depth. The blade tracking issue was finally resolved and I couldn't believe the difference in sound alone. The helicopter wasn't any more stable in flight, however, but it sure as heck was a lot more responsive to input.

Long story short, I dumb-thumbed the tail into the dirt before I could cut the throttle. I only broke the tail rotor control arm (the ring that fits over the ball on the slider split open). Still, it is going to ground me until I get a replacement. :miserable: Going to try some CA and some reinforcing material to see if I can salvage it. Why don't they make these things out of aluminum... plastic sucks. :)

Tony

Staff member
Well that sucks lmao. At least it's not major damage. If the blades did hit the ground, you will need to check the blades, feathering shaft, and main shaft as well as the tail boom. Hope you get it back up in the air soon. and to answer your question, plastic is cheaper and lighter. Just part of the game :biggrin1:

Top Bottom