Trucks X-maxx Tricks...how?

bigone5500

In this video, you will see the truck jumping and performing nicely. I noticed something that had me wondering if the video was edited this way or is it possible to make the truck land as it does. In the first jump, it basically climbs vertical then as apogee, it flattens out and lands on all fours...WTF(oxtrot)??? At 0:21 it does the same thing but keeps going. At 0:36, it comes off a hill and right in mid air, starts to rotate opposite its original trajectory.

How are these tricks accomplished? Does the throttle and/or brake have something to do with it? Is it how the truck comes off the ramp?

Tony

Staff member
The video was not edited (well, not in that way lol. It has been heavily edited with cuts and such). These trucks, including your T-Maxx can do this mid-air attitude change. It all has to do with centrifugal force. You can test this just by holding any vehicle in your hand up in the air. If you hit the gas, the nose will come up. If you then hit the brake, the nose will drop. It will do the same thing coming off a jump.

When I was racing, you had to be good at angling your vehicle for a landing to get the best possible lap times. So you would use either the throttle or the brake to pitch the nose up or down so that you could have the best landing possible.

Next time you take your truck out, make a little ramp. If your nose is going straight up, hit the brakes and it will bring the nose back down. If it is about to nose dive, hit the throttle and it will bring the nose back up. Oh yea, you can also do back flips this way as well lmao.

Top Bottom