wrighd79

DAW

Hello My name is Don
I just finished a HK450 I have a DX7 with a scorpion esc,I went through everything 4 or 5 times,at mid stick I have zero pitch all servos are at 90 degrees but when I lift up the heli wants to go back and to the left I cant figure out whats wrong any ideas

Admiral

Welcome to the forum Don, is your HK450 fly-bared or fly-barless? If FBL (Flybarless) what 3Axis Gyro are you using?

Tony

Staff member
Hey Don welcome to RCH! If you have a flybar, you can put a little trim in there to trim it out. If you are using a 3 axis gyro however, you can't do this.

:welcome1:

Lee

You say the servos are at 90º, but have you adjusted the links to get the swash level?
Swash needs to be level, then the link above that to the blade grips to get the blades at 0º
If after that it drifting left, well thats a normal thing on take off of all helis, RC or real.
You need to counter this as you take off.
If it still drift after take off, then it needs look at in more detail.
As the other have said, is it FB or FBL?

Tony

Staff member
Okay, with a flybar, you can use some trim. But as Lee stated, make sure your swash is perfectly level by using either a zip tie or a swash leveling tool. Once that is done, and if it still has a drift (like Lee stated, a left drift on take off is completely normal, but above 3' is where you want to check) then use the trim tabs to level it out. Once you have it level, land it and look at your swash and servos. There shouldn't be an excessive amount of travel at mid stick and 0º pitch.

DAW

Ok thanks But Im kind of scared to lift it I have never flown one before I have only flown airplanes

Lee

Do you have training gear on it?
If not, then get some, and just practice getting it light on the skids and sliding it around on the floor.

DAW

Yes I have training gear. This should be fun I can just see me chaseing my wife around with a heli it should be fun. Thanks

DAW

Hello again this is Don I just installed a 3GX on my 450 and having problems.At mid stick all servos are at 90 degrees and when I go to full stick the ale goes back to mid stick position and the ele goes all the way up.From mid stick to full pitch all 3 servos move up at the same time but once I reach full stick the ale a ele servos will not stay where they are supposed to. Thanks Don Wright

Tony

Staff member
If you are not in DIR mode, they will drift a little bit like this. That is the gyros reacting to what they think is movement, even though the helicopter is sitting on the table. Check it in DIR mode and they should all move together.

DAW

ok in DIR mode they all work together and they stay where I put them.Man I thought I was going nuts.I thought I was doing something wrong and I kept going over everything to make sure they were right.
Thank you so much.
Don Wright

DAW

Ok I think I have my 450 setup with the 3gx everything works but I have one little problem my motor will not run Ihave a new scorpion esc Spectrum DX7 radio
any ideas.it works with the receiver and as far as I can tell everything is binding good
Thanks Don

Tony

Staff member
For a test, turn on the Tx, then plug in the helicopter. Make sure your throttle stick is all the way down. If you don't get any movement out of the motor, lower your trim tab until it initializes. I'm thinking your endpoint in the ESC needs to be reset.

DAW

NO it still don't work I have a IR program card that I can program my esc if I need to do that

murankar

Staff member
Not sure how to answer this. I had a scorpion with the card myself. But that was about 2 years ago since I flew it.

Make sure your throttle is reading zero on the radio monitor. If that's not it then maybe meter the output side. Tony may know how to explain that if its possible. Meter the motor also and see if that has any issues. Bargain tony should be able to explain that process. I just don't know how to meter a 3 phase circuit.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom