Videos Worst Antennas I Have Ever Tried (Video)

Tony

Staff member
So I put in a request to see if my vendor would send me a set of antennas, and they did. My thinking was, any clover antenna is better than a rubber duckie. I was VERY wrong. I did not test these antennas at all before this video and I was not even going to put this video up, but decided to just so you all know that clover antennas are not always better than stock. because these things SUCK!!!

I thought my range was horrible with the duckies, but holy crap was I wrong. The range on the clovers is less than half.

My setup however has the battery on the very top with the VTX under the top plate and the battery cable pretty much touching the antenna. I did move it to try to make this a fair fight and it helped NONE!

I am running a 200mw setup (cheap as well) but you would think I would get some kind of improvement with these new antennas. I am trying to find a new VTX/VRX to replace what I have so that I know all of my equipment is good, but I don't think it's going to make any difference. I think these antennas are just horrible out of the box.

So with that said, here is the video I shot just to prove that I still do try to get videos up for you guys. Like most though, they never make it. But thought I would toss this up so that you can see what I go through with things that just don't go as planned.

And just an FYI, in case you were wondering, I was flying this LOS. There is NO WAY IN HELL I could do this FPV lol.

https://youtu.be/JNmDYDmpo1M

Top Bottom