450 Won't bind or anything

tryintofly

Hi everyone,
I'm new to the site so hello!
I had 4 heli's and now a fifth but its kicking me. I bought a Align 450L Dominator which has the 3GX v3.1 and I can't get
anywhere with the bind or software install. I installed the software on my pc, which crashes after about 60 sec. The USB data device
doesn't do anything. I get no lights on the 3GX when I try to bind it. I only get 3 short beeps when the battery is plugged in but no
more. I'm lost as what to do first and I really appreciate any help. This was my first kit build and I didn't know the setup would be my
down fall. All my other heli's are Blade so enough said about those.

Tony

Staff member
First thing, go into your control panel and uninstall the 3GX software. Then, go into your x86 Program Files and delete the 3GX folder. Check the Program Files as well (there are two. Go to Start > Computer > C: > Program Files (or Program Files x86 if an x64 system, do both) to find the folder. Then, download the software from here on the site in the link below. I know it's safe and a good program.

Before you do this though, turn on the helicopter (take the blades off please) and plug the 3GX into your computer. Go into the Device Manager and uninstall the 3GX drivers (right click and select delete or uninstall). Unplug the heli.

Install the software linked below, then try pluggin in the USB from the 3GX. Make sure you are using a GOOD bind plug and that it's in the bind port on the 3GX. The satellites should be flashing. If you are using a 6ch Tx, you need a separate Rx. And if you are using a separate Rx, you need to bind using the Rx, not the gyro.

Let me know if this helps.

I suggest version 2.1!
Rc-Help - 3GX Firmware Downloads

tryintofly

First thing, go into your control panel and uninstall the 3GX software. Then, go into your x86 Program Files and delete the 3GX folder. Check the Program Files as well (there are two. Go to Start > Computer > C: > Program Files (or Program Files x86 if an x64 system, do both) to find the folder. Then, download the software from here on the site in the link below. I know it's safe and a good program.

Before you do this though, turn on the helicopter (take the blades off please) and plug the 3GX into your computer. Go into the Device Manager and uninstall the 3GX drivers (right click and select delete or uninstall). Unplug the heli.

Install the software linked below, then try pluggin in the USB from the 3GX. Make sure you are using a GOOD bind plug and that it's in the bind port on the 3GX. The satellites should be flashing. If you are using a 6ch Tx, you need a separate Rx. And if you are using a separate Rx, you need to bind using the Rx, not the gyro.

Let me know if this helps.

I suggest version 2.1!
Rc-Help - 3GX Firmware Downloads

I'm using a Spektrum DX8, do I need a receiver? I have a AR8000 laying around?

Tony

Staff member
With the DX8, you only need a satellite Rx plugged into it. Some people, including me, have had to put a single satellite in port 2 and not port 1 on the 3GX. I would highly suggest using two satellites though for the diversity.

tryintofly

Not having any luck. Getting an error on linking/failing. Software install was piece of cake.
With the DX8, you only need a satellite Rx plugged into it. Some people, including me, have had to put a single satellite in port 2 and not port 1 on the 3GX. I would highly suggest using two satellites though for the diversity.

Tony

Staff member
What kind of satellites do you have plugged into the 3GX? Can you post a picture.

reb1080

Hey Tony, maybe this is the same issue I had. The channel has to be changed to use the 3gx with satellites only? Sounds like that may be the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it was changing the radio from channel 5 to channel 7, but my memory isn't clicking tonight.

Tony

Staff member
Hey reb, you are right, it does change the gyro/governor around when using the satellites.

tryintofly, change the port that your satellite is plugged into. You are plugged into port 1 right now which has caused many people issues in the past. Plugging into port 2 has solved the bind issues for others.

tryintofly

Now that I have a red receiver light and two green lights on the 3gx what's next? I'm not getting a response on any of the servos?

Tony

Staff member
So you were able to bind successfully? Have you went completely through the DIR, Rudder and governor setup menu's?

tryintofly

Any idea why servos won't work ?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry didn't see your last post. I guess I didn't see the other menu's. back to study

tryintofly

Well, I went thru the Rudder and governor setup menu but I still have no servo movement? Any ideas would be great. I bought this heli almost a year ago and the local heli guru was suppose to help me set it up. Well, I've given up on him so I'm on my own.

Tony

Staff member
Can you get us a video of the helicopter in action (or thereof lol)? I would like to see the helicopter as well as all of the menu's in the Tx if I could. This will help out tremendously.

tryintofly

Before I try the video, I never did get to do this as you said "Go into the Device Manager and uninstall the 3GX drivers (right click and select delete or uninstall). Unplug the heli. " So the software on the adapter might be same as manufactured? ALSO, I only get 3 short beeps when binding/powering on. Is this correct? My other heli's have two at the end of the bind...

tryintofly

I've not had good luck. the 3gx won't light up at anytime either binding or without bind plug. I'm about to sell it. I know you can't do much because there's nothing to video. The satelite wil flash very fast when binding but no lights on 3gx.

Tony

Staff member
I just want to make sure we are on the same page here. On the bind sequence. plug in the bind plug, plug in the helicopter (light on satellite flashes rapidly), turn on Tx with bind button held down (light on satellite flashes slower, then goes solid), remove bind plug BEFORE unplugging the helicopter or turning off the Tx. 3GX should power up. And all of this is with teh assumption you have the satellite plugged into port 2 and not port 1. Is this how you are doing the bind sequence?

tryintofly

Yes, thats the way I did it, but I did it again and followed your directions. once the satellite flashes rapidly it goes out and the gpx does nothing. After removing the bind plug it still does nothing. The satellite doesn't have a light after the rapid flashes.

tryintofly

Hi Tony,
I started over tonight, deleted everything, went back to software and downloaded 5.0 ( I'll worry about versions later). It did the bind, 3gx powered up, went thru setup, all lights working on gyro, but No action from any servo or throttle. It rebinds fine, with status lights, but servos don't work. I set them up on digital with the higher speed rate. I'm closer but still stumped?

Top Bottom