General Wives and helis dont mix

holtneil

Hi Guys I was out flying my Goblin 630 comp and it started a ticking sound so I landed it took it home I fixed the problem and said to my wife I will just run the last 3 packs through the heli in the garden
I was on my last pack had 1 minute to go But i didnt know my wife had come up behind me then she said very loud in my ear Neil god I jumped out of my skin but I had my thumb on the stick the heli was only 9 inches off the deck , OMG to late one write off
main blades
frame both sides
tail boom
ESC went up in flames
2x servo arms
both skids and alloy mounts bent and one screw ripped out of alloy20161211_163300.jpgIMG-20161211-WA0006.jpeg20161211_163357.jpg20161211_163351.jpg20161211_163342.jpg20161211_163331.jpg

20161211_163300.jpg

20161211_163331.jpg

20161211_163342.jpg

20161211_163351.jpg

20161211_163357.jpg

IMG-20161211-WA0006.jpeg

Tony

Staff member
Damn bro, That is absolutely horrible. I will bet money that she won't do that anymore...

holtneil

No she wont she did say sorry ,she didnt know that when the goblin is in a hover close by you cant hear any thing over the blades, Replacement is on its way ,I didnt know that they dont make 630 comp any more its the 650 thunder now

Last edited:

holtneil

Hi Steve I will have to get you a superman shirt as you always help me and sort thing out so easy Thank You , your a great friend :respekt:

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I'm so sorry about the startle crash but I would have to trade the wife in on a new model after that one, Lol. Shoot... I'll have to give her away :chuckles:.

Smoggie

I got lucky and managed to find Neil a virtually brand new Goblin 630 Comp airframe for sale in one of the UK based forums for a decent price, the guy even had an YGE 120HV ESC too so hopefully Neil's sorted with all the bits he needs, plus half a heli for spares:biggrin1:

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I got lucky and managed to find Neil a virtually brand new Goblin 630 Comp airframe for sale in one of the UK based forums for a decent price, the guy even had an YGE 120HV ESC too so hopefully Neil's sorted with all the bits he needs, plus half a heli for spares:biggrin1:

That's very nice of you Smoggie for helping out Neil :yourock:. This site and members are good people. Keep up the good work everyone! and Happy Holidays :drink26:

Admiral

Sorry to hear about that Neil, but you know when you relate this story in 12 month it will have changed to your fault, I don't know how they do it but it always seems to come out that way.

leedude1

oh boys, dont get started on that one LOL. Hell I crash sometimes at the park and blame it on the wife anyway because Im still hearing her in my head.:lol:

trainrider06

OMG Neil!!! Man O man! women!!! LOL I am sure she probably feels pretty bad about that. My stepson did that to me one time when I was doing a hover check on my 500. Only he walked up to me and put his hand on my shoulder, luckily I was higher up or that coulda been the same deal. i was kinda nasty to him and felt bad, because as soon as he did it I said don't #@#%& touch me while I am flying my heli! LOL i later felt bad and told him to be careful like that because it might cause me to crash, and then I'll have to chop his head off.....that was nice wasn't it? i mean I didn't say it with a mean attitude.....just one of a slightly insane person.....hehe....

- - - Updated - - -

oh boys, dont get started on that one LOL. Hell I crash sometimes at the park and blame it on the wife anyway because Im still hearing her in my head.:lol:

LOL Mike thats funny as hell!

- - - Updated - - -

Your a good man Steve!

KLA

Wow, that really sucks, Neil! My wife isn't interested in my helis at sll. About 99% of the time that I fly I am by myself. Lord knows that I don't need any distractions.

That's a good deal, Steve. You're a hell of a guy for helping out Neil and everyone else on this site.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
My wife isn't interested in my helis at all either but very supportive:chuckles:. She scares easily so when I fly in the back yard, she hides in the house or the cabana. When she takes me to the park, she hides in the dugout where everything is fence in. Ever since about 5yrs ago, one of my blades on my 450 had a hair line crack right at the end of the blade grip. Not noticing it, I spooled up the heli while she is watching from our deck which was about 3' of the ground and 30' away. Safe, we both thought. Halfway during the spool up the blade broke off and stuck in the side of the deck right by her. Every time I mention that I'm going flying, she start twitching and hides. Do you blame her.

KLA

Holy crap! That's pretty crazy. That would scare the heck out of me too. That just goes to show that anything can happen.

holtneil

Hi Guys what can I say about Steve " Best Mate " comes to mind , he is one of the nicest friends I have ever been lucky to have and does a lot for me that none of you know about , the Biggest shame is he is about a 6 hour one way drive from me
I have loads of Friends on this site and your all so far away , if I ever win the LOTO I will come on a tour of the USA and bring Steve and family so we can meet all you guys
And guys thanks for all the replies they put a smile on my faceIMG_20161211_201851.jpgIMG_20161211_201727.jpgIMG_20161211_201737.jpgIMG_20161211_201707.jpg

IMG_20161211_201707.jpg

IMG_20161211_201727.jpg

IMG_20161211_201737.jpg

IMG_20161211_201851.jpg

Last edited:

KLA

Hey Neil, I know exactly how you feel. I have a friend here on this site that has done the ssme for me, Rodney. He has done so much for me and helped me more than anyone could ever understand. He also introduced me to this site. Rodney truly is a great guy, as well as everyone else on this site, and I also would like to take the opportunity to thank Rodney once again. There are a lot of things that I couldn't have done without you, bud!

holtneil

Hi I am great friend with Rodney too , so much I sent him xmas stuff from the UK , guys like Tony, Steve, Rodney are life savers thank you guys :yourock:

Smoggie

Time for a group hug:
group-hug2.jpeg
Seriously though, one of the best things about the hobby is the guys who are willing to help others out. I've benefitted from this on loads of occasions so it's good to pass it on when the opportunity comes around.

group-hug2.jpeg

KLA

Yep! I agree 100%. I very met a lot of great people in the last few years. And there are a lot of questions I've had and had help with from these forums. Thank you to everyone and Happy Holidays to all!

Last edited:

holtneil

UPDATE guys well spent 2 days swapping out parts and the Goblin is reborn , the castle was well burn out , so was Glad I got a YGE off the guy tail boom has a crack most have if you dont lock tight and set up right , alloy on the skids is well bent , well test hover went well wife locked in house , so now hoping the weather is good tomorrow so we and give it a shake down flight
Sorry it keeps posting photos side ways
IMG-20161216-WA0002.jpegIMG-20161217-WA0000.jpegIMG-20161216-WA0000.jpeg

IMG-20161216-WA0000.jpeg

IMG-20161216-WA0002.jpeg

IMG-20161217-WA0000.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom