Wireless Range Extenders

RandyDSok

Well I bought the Netgear. I'll get it Tuesday. I'll post back with my findings. I do like the fact that it connects to your existing WiFi to boost range instead of having to use a cable.

Most routers that can be setup as access points/bridges can also connect wirelessly as well although, they typically recommend a cable for reliability reasons and in many cases, so the wifi connection isn't slowed by having the addition connection bandwidth that having mulitple connections to the router causes.

bigone5500

I figured as much. But if it proves to be a pain to use or doesn't perform well, I will print a free return label and send it back. I'll then look around for alternatives. Having an access point would be better for me probably as the place I want to put it has a wired connection.

RandyDSok

I figured as much. But if it proves to be a pain to use or doesn't perform well, I will print a free return label and send it back. I'll then look around for alternatives. Having an access point would be better for me probably as the place I want to put it has a wired connection.

I doubt you'll have problems bandwidth wise... it's just limited more than a router that had several functions. In short, it won't ever be more than a range extender with it's functions so it can't be a backup router later if needed. I'm uncertain what setup options you'll have also... so your devices may get a longer drop in signal when transferring from the other router over to the range extender than an access point would have had. Perhaps they've incorporated access point functions also. You won't know until you've read through the manual what options you've got.

liquid1

This is what we use, so far very impressed 1 pod connects to your router the other 2 just plug in with AC power takes 15 minutes to setup password and install phone app we run 4 or more devices at all times. Google Store - Pixel, Chromecast and more
Our home is a long ranch style brick so this system gives us very good coverage even out side. Not sure if it’s what your looking for I can honestly say this system works great.

bigone5500

After getting this extender going, I found out that it can be used as either an extender or setup as an access point. I currently have it setup as an access point. I get better bandwidth on it that way. I have alleviated my problems with signal quality in the living room.

Money well spent.

Tony

Staff member
Glad it is working out for you. Problem solved, that is what matters. Even if you don't like tinkering as much as I do hahahah.

Top Bottom