Kits Wire for wrapping cabane struts or pushrods

mooserider

Hi all, it's been a while! Started working on my biplane again and ran into a problem. It comes with four pieces of 'silver wire' used for wrapping the cabane struts and the split elevator push rod pieces. I forgot to put some inner pushrod pieces on the elevator push rods before soldering it all together, so I need to redo it and need another wire for wrapping it up before soldering. Is there anything special about this wire? My wife had a great idea... to use the wire from pipe cleaner or twist ties. They're about the right thickness and flexibility. So long as I clean them really well and it sticks when soldered, are there any concerns? Of course it would suck bad to have the elevator push rods come loose during flight!

Thanks for any advice!

Jimbo

I have built a few Biplanes, but can't picture exactly what you are referring to. Not sure why you would have to wrap the cabane struts. Do you have to wrap the interplane struts as well? Could you post a picture please?

Jim

Jimbo

The cabane struts are the ones from the top of the fuselage, in front of the pilot and the interplane struts are away from the fuselage between the two wings or planes as they called hem back in the day. Looks like wire you are talking about is simply binding the points together for support. I would think any thin wire would work.

Jim

Top Bottom