Misc. Wingtip Strobes

grumpy1

Well ...need to transfer this off the breadboard to the PC board. I also heard from one of the guys at the field was saying that with that cap an inconjuution with the 555 it has the potential of creating noise or interference that could effect the receiver..is this true

RandyDSok

Well ...need to transfer this off the breadboard to the PC board. I also heard from one of the guys at the field was saying that with that cap an inconjuution with the 555 it has the potential of creating noise or interference that could effect the receiver..is this true

Any new electronic ( or mechanical for that matter ) device can cause RF... so it is certainly possible.

I also thought that if you plan to run more than one LED off of the circuit, you will want to test it with all of the LED's hooked up since they will likely pull more power which can affect how quickly the circuit's hi/low switches back and forth.

Tony

Staff member
Very nice. As for the interference, I don't think it would get up into the 2.4Ghz range so the chances of it browning out would be slim. Still there, but slim.

grumpy1

Well almost done with this project. Thing about it is I knew what I wanted just didn't know what it would take to get there. It has turned out exactly what I was after...something to put " in- line " on the strobe circuit. Sounds simple an probably is to someone who's knowledgeable of electronic compent terminology , so this was a real learning experience for me. I have the nav lights an strobes on 2 separate circuits but controlled from same channel on radio, an landing light on another channel. So now just gotta put it " in- line" , sounds so simple. So a big THANK YOU to you guys on here for your advice an direction. Like I said before I'm not gonna let this project kick my butt...only thing I would probably change would be get a DIY PC board etching kit an have a board without all them extra holes..so again guys thanks

Attachments

• 20181029_022450.jpg
    20181029_022450.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 3

Tony

Staff member
As long as you are learning and it is doing what you want it to do, that is all that matters. Glad you are making progress on this. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Top Bottom