Windy Practice

Adam

Ok guys it was a little windy today so dont read into this hovering too much lol. But this is my HK450GT with the erazor fiberglass canopy. It was probably 10mph gusts but i am getting better at nose left and nose right and controling the tail a litte better. My truck didnt come today as i was hoping it is in dallas for right now but thats ok.

[video=youtube_share;g12Vt-8n_Tg]http://youtu.be/g12Vt-8n_Tg[/video]

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
GOOD JOB MAN! That looked rock solid hover. And if it was windy!! That was too good!

Now nose in!!! ;) :p :D

Adam

Oh i got the batteries charging to go for another round but in this wind i really think i just better not lol. I really want to throw the idle up and do one inverted but the wife wife is informing me that if something breaks that i dont have in my toolbox today im not ordering any parts lol. Especially since the traxxas purchase im cut off.

Morelight

Fearless Freep
Good job Adam. I could hear the wind, and at one point it caused the heli to drop fast? Was it from the side?

Darn nice control, you were mostly in the wash that flight. Should get bonus points for that. :)

Adam

Thanks guys as always. It hasn't been easy to get to this point but it has been alot of fun.

Tony

Staff member
Great flight Adam. When the wind is pushing that heli down, don't be afraid to give it a little pitch pump to get it back up there.

As for the truck, that sucks. I thought it would be there today. Guess the usps is on strike down there lmao. Hope you get it soon.

Adam

Thanks tony. And your correct on giving her a pitch pump and then if the gust hits again it shoots up in the air and so do my nervs lmao. BUt my nervs are getting alot better. This HK450GT handles awesome and would recommend this heli to a lot of new guys. The only trim i have in this machine is a little left rudder and I dont even have a swash leveler. I am still using the cheap servos with a MG90 on the tail. After I get all nose hovering down it will get an upgrade.

Tony

Staff member
The MG90S's are good, but I would suggest the EXI D213F servos all around. If you have the money, then get some Align DS410's for the cyclic, and a DS420 for the tail. Talk about rock solid. Pair that tail up with a 790 Align gyro and you can forget about tail drift.

Morelight

Fearless Freep
when you are in the edit sig part of settings, use "A" right above here to choose for the color of selected text in the sig. you can change color of anything by highlighting with the mouse drag and then choose color, size and font of the text. You can see what the changes look like by clicking on the "preview signature" button bottom right of the edit sig box. if you like it, then just save, or keep changing stuff.

Hope that helps??

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
looking good Adam. try to keep her about 4 5 feet up in the air at this point. stay out of the blad wash and ground efect and it will be easer! lol

Adam

Oh man sam that wind was kicking my butt. I will get there im still nervous of crashing i guess lol

murankar

Staff member
Keep it up and as Gaba said go nose in, no guts no glory. BTW I'd be more worried about inverted than nose in.

Adam

Well in a crash is it just usually blades and a servo possibly a feathering shaft main shaft. is it possible to damage the frame. no guts no glory im getting there but in real life not on the sim nervs take over lol. Ill get there

Adam

Well I priced the servos. I think i will go for the exi's in the future. Now the align ones are all rebuildable so when you have a crash that you normally blow the gears you can just rebuild the servo pretty cheap if i figured this correctly.

Top Bottom