Who Likes Building Planes?

Do You Like Building Plane Kits?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tony

Staff member
I want to get an idea of who on here likes building planes. I don't mean an ARF that is mostly put together and you have to glue on the wings or tail feathers, I'm talking full on build that is nothing but a few laser cut plywood pieces and balsa sheet and sticks. The kind that you have to put 40+ hours into just to get in the air.

So how about it? Do you like to build your own planes, or would you be interested in building your own plane? If people like to do this, I may have an idea in the works. let me know.

llommel

Hi Tony, I like building planes better than flying them. Sounds crazy but being a newbie, I can't crash when I'm building one. I have a complete machine shop & wood shop. Machinist by trade, so making things is right up my alley. So far I've built 7 planes, 1 ice sled & 2 boats, all from foam scratch.

Tony

Staff member
and we don't have any pictures of these why? lol. And I know what you mean by "not crashing while building" lmao.

wolfman76

"OOH OOH MR CARTER" (raising hand) i do have yet to build 1 but i am always watching for a kit i might like to tackle for my first... even considered trying to come up with my own design of 1 of my favorite jets the hawk trainer with a 80mm edf unit in it..... So in otherwords tony you know i am game for whatever...lol

Tony

Staff member
Poll added to the thread. Lets get a lot of voting done on this one! If enough of you like this and will do it, there will be something very fun this summer!

kml.krk

I love building. Few months ago I finished Guillows Corsair conversion and now I am working on Guillows Hellcat.

What do you have in mind? What type of plane?

RCD

Glencairn Drone
Its going to be a Build-Off isn't it? Lol. But anyways, I don't like building my own planes because I'm afraid of flying wooden planes. I always get nervious with them and crash them. I do like ARFs though!

Tony

Staff member
Building with wood is not that bad. When I started flying again two weeks ago, all of the nerves just went away for some reason. No reason to be nervous about flying them, they fly better than foam lol.

Top Bottom