whiplash new gear train... Flies again

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
[video=youtube_share;ifPHAwbCMS4]http://youtu.be/ifPHAwbCMS4[/video]

Flight #2 .... Bird did amazingly well. The system was very much quieter than before!! Loved flying it. No wierd noises nothing. :)

Compare to this ::: first flight (ended badly..) but... Had straight cut gears

[video=youtube_share;QOwP7JEQfnQ]http://youtu.be/QOwP7JEQfnQ[/video]

The family wanted me to do a flight for all of them ... A lot of the family was there. They hadn't ever seen me or any rc heli fly. So I was showing off a bit too hahaha

Hence the noises in the background

So excited to fly after 3 months!!! Loved it!!!!!

pvolcko

Nice auto! It can be a bit nerve wracking flying in front of family like that. I did three sessions of family demos over the summer and fall. Each one had me shaking. :)

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Good flying GABA! Cept for the crash. Lol. Thought you woukd cut some better grass then you dud though.

concept30

Great Flying and great auto, even the full size single engine helicopter polits has to learn how to do a autorotion

Ken Jackson

Great flying Gaba, would have loved to seen all of it. Its hard to watch the flying and operate the camera. If you do the camera right you really don't get to enjoy the flight that's why I switched to wearing my camera on my head so any spectators can watch me fly.

Can't believe you haven't flown in 3 months, that's a long time. Welcome back!!

Ken

murankar

Staff member
Looks like you still have it after 5 months or so. Lets see more.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
That crash was actually not this time I flew. It was the maiden flight of the bird (6minths ago)

I posted that to have you compare the noise from the gears. Maiden was on straight gears and the other two flights were on helical

The two flights here on thanksgiving were event free

What happened when that crashed back then?

Builder's fault. I made a full thread on it in the 700 section. The dog point screw didn't settle in its slot all the way .. That caused a slippage at high load ..

Top Bottom