450 Where to purchase

tarnall

Hi, I guess it's OK to post this here. I am looking to purchase my first Kit. I'm interested in the Align Trex Super Combo, but one site I visited on YouTube said to watch out for after market kits. I want to be sure to get the real things. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks
Terry

If you're going to go through a hobby shop, you'll have no dramas in getting the real thing. I have a clone, and it was all clearly marked clone, so I knew what I was buying.
If you find your LHS and ask for Align by name you will end up with the align helicopter.
I think there is also a US Align site that you should be able to buy direct from, and one of the guys in the states can help me out with the website for that.
there are few fake aligns (as in someone trying to pass a clone as an align product) so you should be fine. If you're looking for an align helicopter through legit stores, you'll have no problems at all

junior10

i got mine at aligntrexstore.com, i had an issue when i ordered it(not the stores fault) they responded to my emails quickly and when i resolved the credit card problem and reordered the trex showed up at my door in 4 days. they are located in ca and i'm in md, not to bad plus it was free shipping.

tarnall

I found a few site where the kit might be available, BUT there sure seems to be several variations. I again watched a few YouTube videos, especially dealing with building and adjusting. It took me a while to figure out what 3GX is. Some kits come with it some don't. Can this device be added later to most of the 450 Pro kits?

I assume DFC stands for Digital Frequency Control?? Still not sure what RTF is.

I also noticed that most Kits do not come with a transmitter and receiver, in the kit descriptions/accessories - they never mention what model T/R are good for this kit either.

It kinda looks like I'm leaning toward the TREX 450 Pro DFC Super Combo, for just under 500....

Thanks for all your kind comments....please keep em coming if you like. The nudging is good! I have a light history of procrastinating!

Terry
Hayward, CA

Diederik

You can buy what ever you need separate or as RTF (ready to fly), or as ATF (almost ready to fly) IOW no usually no TX/RX or battery's. I prefer buying a kit as a RTF and ATF needs to stripped down and checked in any case to see that everything has loctite on it and is set up correctly. Rx and TX can be bought seperatly from around 50 us to unlimited prices depending on budget and preference.

I have just bought two high end race buggies for my boys as RTR (ready to race) and found the kit TX very "cheap" quality although the build quality was good and I only had to adjust wheel alignment. You can use any make of TX/RX with your heli as long as they are within specs and compatible with each other, I use Futaba for some and have Spectrum for some other.

murankar

Staff member
I buy my kits at A main hobbies, I also buy most of my gear from them. This is a USA shop. For Euro sites that would be some one from that side of the pond to answer. DFC = Direct flight control, the swash directly effects the blade grips. Less mechanical than a standard FBL head and even less than a FB head.

Top Bottom