Where I have been. Need feedback.

Tony

Staff member
This is just a quick video of what I have been up to. I'm also asking if you guys would like to see some videos of what I do out there. All of these videos are on the RCOTR page so be sure to subscribe. I just uploaded this last night and will upload more of you guys want to see it.

Tony

Staff member
19 views on this thread, and 11 views on the video with one spam comment and that's it. Point taken, no videos.

bigone5500

I just want to throw in my 2¢. In regards to being a supporter of the site, Tony, and his efforts in keeping this site alive, I feel that being a supporter of RC-Help.com also is an indirect aide in helping others. There are some who cannot afford to become a supporter for whatever reason. However, they should get the same level of help as anyone else on the forum. Being a supporter isn't so I can get higher priority help. It's so this site can live on. I wouldn't do this if I didn't feel like it was beneficial to myself and others and this is the only site I have done this on.

Tony, my hat's off to you sir. I did the clickety click and became a supporter but the real work is worrying about getting the bills paid, server maintenance, and dealing with the videos and related stuff.

Thanks!!!!!!

Tony

Staff member
You brought up a great point there. When I started this, I had some emails back to me from the initial email I sent out with members thinking we were going ALL PAID! No more free content, and that is just not true. We will always offer FREE help to anyone that needs it. ALWAYS!

As for supporters getting higher priority or whatever, yes, I do look for those yellow names and make it a point to answer those questions as fast as I can. It is the least I can do to help those that have helped me out so much. But I get to ALL questions on the site that I feel need my attention. It is usually on the weekends but everyone has been doing a fantastic job of keeping the help coming to the new members.

With that said, there will be a new, albeit crappy, video coming soon for the members of Rc-Help. Just something that I wanted to toss together real quick while I was thinking about it. So stay tuned for that.

But the real question is, do YOU, Jared, want to see what I do on the road? I'm going to be pushing this question in the upcoming video as well lol.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I bet with all this road time Tony, you had many chances to give a few California hello to a few drivers... didn't you! Lol.

Tony

Staff member
Jared, I will see what I can do. I'm trying to edit a video on this lappy right now and it is giving me all kinds of issues. Pretty sure it is a gpu issue though.

Ivan, So much so that I need a splint...

sneezy007

First of all I'm so sorry to hear about what's going on in your personal life Tony. I wish you all the best and hope things turn around for you quickly.

I want to say thank you very much for all the hard work you've done on this website Tony. I'm a member of many forums and I can honestly say this is by far the most helpful site I've seen. Speaking as a beginner I've come across some very arrogant people in this hobby. That makes no sense to me, we all had to start somewhere so why wouldn't experienced people help the new people? Here no one judges one and there are no stupid questions. We all learn at different rates and all of us have different aptitudes. I'm a visual person and Tony your videos are informative and awesome.

I'm proud to be a supporter, it's very important we keep this site up and running. I encourage anyone reading this post to please consider supporting this site.

Videos are a hard thing because typically you don't need any help until you run into a problem. On the other hand it's nice to have a library of videos you just search for.

For me a couple of videos I would like to see are a complete heli set up with a FBL heli. I know Tony has already done this with a flybar heli. Another one would be a video on how you set up a heli for scale, 3D, sport flying. I hear the terms this heli is set up for 3D, but I have no clue what that means. Perhaps some of our more senior, knowledgeable members could take over this responsibility.

Thanks again Tony, really appreciate all your hard work.

Tony

Staff member
I will see what I can get done with the complete setup videos with FBL controllers. Might be a while though, but I do have two helicopters hanging on my wall that I could use. The live stream builds are done, they will never be done again. Just not enough response from them to keep doing them. And now that I'm in this truck, things are even tighter on time to get things done. But I'm still trying.

As for setups, Sport usually means very tamed down controls. Say 6º of cyclic and 10º of pitch. If you have a FBL controller and you can set the roll and pitch rate, then these would be very low, something around 150º/second. For 3D, you will probably be looking at 8-10º of cyclic, 13.5º of collective pitch and a roll and pitch rate of about 500º/second. Or just as fast as it can possibly pitch and/or roll.

Hope that helps clear that up. It's just how aggressive the helicopter is on the controls.

Top Bottom