Where did the blogs go???

RMB677

Just got on the site this morning and I notice that there is no section for "blogs", did I miss something? Though I only occasionally comment, or post, on the blogs I do enjoy reading them. They frequently show me that my frustrations with this hobby, and things in general, are normal and minor compared to others.

murankar

Staff member
tony has been on the fence about the blogs for some time now, not many people use them or read them. i know i have not posted on there inn some time, but read them regularly.

Tony

Staff member
There has not been a new blog in a long time and the only time people do post in them is when I say something about them. Meaning they are not popular so I pulled them. I had them up when I was posting blogs, but I realize they are pretty much pointless for me to post since i'm just going to turn around and post the same thing in the forum. It's also a VERY easy way for spammers to get access to the forum. I'm hoping they fix this issue in the next version of vBulletin.

But when only a couple people are posting blogs, and not many are reading them, I didn't figure many would miss them. The 3 people in here are the majority of people that post them as well as myself and on the right side of the forum, there was only one blog from Sam. Bitchin' about me pulling the heli videos lmao.

If you guys want the blogs back, I will put them back. In all honesty, just the 3 posts above this one are more of a response than I thought I would have gotten. But by putting them back, they have to be used. I understand people get busy so that's not my issue, I just want it used if it's going to be on here.

Edit: I put it back up. Lets use it. As you can see by looking under the side bar on the forum page, there have not been any blog posts in over 30 days. I doubt I will be doing anymore, and if no one else is going to do any blogs, then I'm going to delete it from teh server. No sense in having something that is not being used. Know what I mean?

Lee

I have never used them, for the simple reason that if i have something to say i put it in the forum. Personally i thought thats what the log in post here thread was for and anything else should have its place in the forum. As Tony said, whats the point if you're just going to carbon copy it into the forum.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Come on now tony I have two blogs not one. Only one was a gripe! But like you say no one reads them. Then again there are sections on the sight that have never been used.

Tony

Staff member
Well maybe I should get rid of those sections. I have them on the forum hoping that someone would come in and use them. It worked for the Tri and Quad copters. But, as stated before, if the blogs are not going to be used, they are going to be removed. Might even remove the unused sections of the forum as well. time for some early spring cleaning...

RMB677

Tony, I'll have to go along with you on this. I put in a blog several days ago and since then, other than my own comments, there's been no blog activity.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, I'm not sure why no one is posting in there but they are not. I'm trying to think of ways to bring it back and make it thrive, but I'm not having much luck thinking of something.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Tony I will post something in the blog sextion when I have something to day. But I'm not a wrighter per say so I can't just go rambling on about anything. I have to be inspired M lol.

Tony

Staff member
It's all good. Like I said, I have an idea I just have to work on it for a bit.

Edit: Scratch that, I have removed the RCH blogs and I'm just going to let the blogs die. No one is making the effort to keep them alive so why should I...

Top Bottom