450 Whats the trick

Sparse

Ok guys the rebuild is just about finished, however im lost. how do you stop the bending in the rod connecting the rudder and rudder servo. and if possible please post pics so i can see. its not in the build videos tony did. im just a bit lost with this.

Slobberdog

Sounds to me like you need to set your limits, as well as what is stated above check rod length and servo 90'd

Tony

Staff member
What helicopter, gyro and Tx are you running? If you are using a 3GX, you will do this in the Rudder setup when you set your endpoints. And yup, there's a video on it hehe.

Sparse

let me re phrase this 323 mm is supposed to be the length after the links are on the rod arms. i have no way to measure this. calibers are not that big. so how do i gauge the length the servo is 90.

murankar

Staff member
What I did for my old clone was to use a metal ruler. How I did it was to use a fine tipped sharpie. I made a mark on some surface at 0 and one at 300 mm. Then I moved the ruler so 0 is now at 300 then marked off my final measurement.

Fir the tail rod I laid it down at the center of the linkage hole at 0. If the other end was not centered on my final mark I adjusted it accordingly.

No dude , 320 mm is about 12 .5 inches , and mine , just the metal rod , measures 305 mm , I find it easier to measure from the inside of the plastic ball link , so u are only measuring the metal rod

Sparse

thats what i was saying in the align manual its say if you measure from inside the link ( only the rod ) its supposed to be 323, what would that be in inches. the converter i got is not giving me the right info.

Tony

Staff member
MM to CM is mm/10. Then, you take the CM number and multiply it by .3937 to get your inches measurement.

murankar

Staff member
The best location to measure from is center of the ball link hole. This will ensure you have the right length. The idea hear is to make sure that the part tolerances don't effect the final length. I know it sounds trivial but it will ensure the most accurate measurement.

Ok sparse , wish ya luck dude and let us no how u get on , and yeeh Murankar I will for sure take that advise myself thanks dude

murankar

Staff member
Your welcome. Learned while building my clone. Align has a set spec for their parts. Clones on the other hand do not.

Yes doing a tail rod is tough because they are long.

johnrc

Banned
The rod it self is 320mm then put the ball links on this then will need to measure from center to center of the ball links. And yes servo needs to be at 90 then check.

Graham Lawrie

I had this in my early days with the 450 and it was the limits not the rod length:) A small tip as well, if measuring hole centre to centre, you get the same measurement if you measure from the tip of the ball link to the base of the next ball link, providing the ball links are the same size and not been shortened, you have your centres:) without trying to judge where the centre of each hole is by eye:)

Top Bottom