General What size linkage wire?

TomChip

Hi RC HELPERS,
I need to buy some linkage wire to connect the control surface servos and horns on my WIlga 2000 The holes in the horns is .064 I see 4-40 and 2-56 rods by du-bro but there is no mention of the wire thickness.
Tom the NOOB

- - - Updated - - -

The Wilga's Specs:
Motor: SP2830-26 brushless
Battery: 11.1 v Li-po battery
ESC: 25a
Wingspan: 45.6 in. (1160 mm)
Length: 34.8 in. (888 mm)
Weight: (600g)
Propeller: 8 x 6 tri-blade propeller
Construction: Foam
Servos: 3x9G
Horns: Du-bro 1/2 A Control Horns #107

Tony

Staff member
The numbers you posted actually relate to bolt sizes. For example, 2-56 is a 2 gauge with a thread count of 56. Don't let the gauge fool you though, the lower the number, unlike wire and everything else on the planet, the smaller the diameter.

I'm running .047" rod on my planes. The 2-56 would be .086", so slightly bigger than what you are looking for.

Go to Tower Hobbies - Best Source for Radio Control (R/C or RC) Cars, Trucks, Airplanes, Boats and Helicopters and do a search for "music wire" without the quotes. This will bring up many more options. I did see they had .062" wire...

TomChip

The numbers you posted actually relate to bolt sizes. For example, 2-56 is a 2 gauge with a thread count of 56. Don't let the gauge fool you though, the lower the number, unlike wire and everything else on the planet, the smaller the diameter.

I'm running .047" rod on my planes. The 2-56 would be .086", so slightly bigger than what you are looking for.

Go to Tower Hobbies - Best Source for Radio Control (R/C or RC) Cars, Trucks, Airplanes, Boats and Helicopters and do a search for "music wire" without the quotes. This will bring up many more options. I did see they had .062" wire...

Hi Tony,
Thanks for your response!!
Is .047 a fairly standard size for foamies with 46" to 48" wingspan? and will 1.8 x.08mm linkage stoppers fit the .047 wire?
Tom

Top Bottom