500 What Receiver ?

I have a helicopter that can run up to 550 mm blades, not that that matters I just wanted to stablish what size heli. I have a Spektrum DX8 and dx6 transmitter. The question is what type of receiver should I run what is the pros and cons of different receivers. I have a Spektrum AR 6600T.

Smoggie

Flybarless or flybarless and if the latter what FBL controller.
This makes a big difference as with flybar you need a standard receiver that you plug the servos direct into, with most modern FBL it's preferable to use a single line output type receiver.

Smoggie

You didnt say what flybarless controller?

The AR6600T would be better 'if' you want to use it's inbuilt telemetry. To be honest for a flybarless neither one is ideal because they dont support single line output, so you will have a bunch of spaghetti running between the Rx and FBL... but other than looking messy either will do the job.

Smoggie

I may be wrong but I dont think that the Kbar supports the Spektrum 'SRXL' single line output standard. So if using the Kbar you may be stuck with multiple wires anyway, unless you do what most do and just use satellite receivers connected direct to the Kbar

Admiral

I use a single satellite on the K-Bar on a 450 no issues, for a 550 machine I would run 2 satellites mounted at 90° for diversity. The same would apply to the mini iKon.

How and where do you download the software for the k-bar I looked it up on the other form man it's unbelievable it's just all political bullcrap and nothing to do with the actual gyro

Top Bottom