What Quad / FPV Videos Would You Like To See?

Tony

Staff member
Trust me, when I make my videos, I keep the complete novice in mind. I was there (and still am in some aspects) myself and try to go back to that to make the videos. I ask myself what questions I had when I was just getting started, and try to explain it in a way that I would like it explained.

The issue with unedited videos is they are long, very long. Just the build and getting the ESC's on the quad this weekend was over 2 hours with the troubleshooting trying to find the issue with the ESC. But I know what you are saying and I will see what I can do. Just remember, you can always pause a video and if I build one from the ground up, it's going to go faster than someone doing it for the first time can possible do it. But I will do my best to show every detail.

Since I'm having to redo the video that I started this weekend, I will tear the quad completely down and start from square 1. I will do a generic video on the complete build, from start to finish, and if the wind is low enough, I will do the maiden flight at the same time. I'm pretty sure that video is going to be about 1.5 hours long though. But again, I will see what I can do.

Diederik

I would like to see a scratch build for a affordable video platform that needs to carry a Gopro and does not run of Naza but APM. IOW a 330 - 450 size quad. This should include a gimball, Fpv for framing shots and at least a 7 channel radio. Flighttime should be 10 - 15 minutes

wtowns

Hey Great topic...I generally use APM and I would love to see a video of a good failsafe setup...my beautiful, very expensive little QAV250 lost signal and failsafe didn't work, so it went on it's merry way to explore the edge of the known universe...it's out there somewhere...:boohoo:

Upright

Hi Tony,
I just built my first Emax 250 pro racer quad from MassiveRC and love it. His bundle's are sweet; however there is not much in the way of videos when it comes to setting up the Naze32 flight control board on Clean flight?
Mine is just LOS (line of site) for now but I plan on moving into FPV soon. I have been flying only heli's for going into 6 years up until now and have to say that I am having a blast with this extremely fast little quad!
Thanks,
Upright

kason

I would like to see a vid for setting up a GOOD FPV system for a quad. I have a BLADE 350 QX, and a lotus T 380, and am thinking of purchasing a 250 quad this spring. I have tried several times, and still get a dirty pic. I have bought my FPV equipment from, get FPV. I thought I did every thing right, yet I still get lines across the screen, and a bad pic. Im using Fatshark goggles also. I will be buying a 13 inch monitor shortly, because I wear glasses and they are an issue with the goggles. I have the 5.8, 650 tx, with the receiver recommended, and the antenna they recommend for that system. I have a ham license am and considering buying a 2000, transmitter, with the right receiver. To see if this would help. I must be missing something. Do I need a high band pass filter, or what? So a vid would help, please. I also have a couple CNC machines, so I am able to modify the T 380s cover and design it to carry the FPV system.

Slobberdog

how are you powering your vtx and camera, off balance lead through fatshark filter or direct off battery

Tony

Staff member
I would like to see a scratch build for a affordable video platform that needs to carry a Gopro and does not run of Naza but APM. IOW a 330 - 450 size quad. This should include a gimball, Fpv for framing shots and at least a 7 channel radio. Flighttime should be 10 - 15 minutes

Seeing as I don't have a gopro, I will try to mimic the weight of the gopro and size, but I will try to get this video done. Love the ideas. As for the APM, I will have to find one, learn it, and I will get a setup that I like and put that on video as well. Thanks for the ideas. And BTW, I have the DX9, so no worry on 7+ channels.

Hey Great topic...I generally use APM and I would love to see a video of a good failsafe setup...my beautiful, very expensive little QAV250 lost signal and failsafe didn't work, so it went on it's merry way to explore the edge of the known universe...it's out there somewhere...:boohoo:

See, I keep hearing about this APM, and I have never even heard of it until this thread. Definitely have to get one and try it out. And sorry to hear about your QAV, those are some great quads. On something like that, fi there is room (I know, 250 and room shouldn't be used in teh same sentence lol), then I would put something with RTH on it via GPS. I will look into this and see if I can find something. Again, sorry about your QAV bro!

Hi Tony,
I just built my first Emax 250 pro racer quad from MassiveRC and love it. His bundle's are sweet; however there is not much in the way of videos when it comes to setting up the Naze32 flight control board on Clean flight?
Mine is just LOS (line of site) for now but I plan on moving into FPV soon. I have been flying only heli's for going into 6 years up until now and have to say that I am having a blast with this extremely fast little quad!
Thanks,
Upright

Lee has been testing the Naze32 and he says he loves it. Almost perfect completely stock. This board is on my list of ones that I want to try. I will see what I can do, thanks for the reply!

I would like to see a vid for setting up a GOOD FPV system for a quad. I have a BLADE 350 QX, and a lotus T 380, and am thinking of purchasing a 250 quad this spring. I have tried several times, and still get a dirty pic. I have bought my FPV equipment from, get FPV. I thought I did every thing right, yet I still get lines across the screen, and a bad pic. Im using Fatshark goggles also. I will be buying a 13 inch monitor shortly, because I wear glasses and they are an issue with the goggles. I have the 5.8, 650 tx, with the receiver recommended, and the antenna they recommend for that system. I have a ham license am and considering buying a 2000, transmitter, with the right receiver. To see if this would help. I must be missing something. Do I need a high band pass filter, or what? So a vid would help, please. I also have a couple CNC machines, so I am able to modify the T 380s cover and design it to carry the FPV system.

If you can post up a video of what issues you are having, as well as what goggles you have and so on, I think I can help out a little more. Usually, horizontal lines are caused by interference. This would require switching to another channel. Turn your goggles on and look at the snow. If you see horizontal lines, switch the channel on your goggles until you see random snow without horizontal lines. Then set up your Tx to match the channel.

Air Master

I'd like to see a video of how to tune the PID setting for a Naze 32 using Cleanflight. Video should include footage of what the quad looks like before the adjustment (symptoms), and what adjustment (P or I or D) was made in Cleanflight, and the resultant flight video of it once tuned.

kason

Thanks again, This is great, I just order the other from Get FPV. I will be trying both. I was getting so flusterated trying to get a pic. , close to giving up. How ever figured others could do it , I should be able to also. Appreciate everything.

Stambo

Thanks again, This is great, I just order the other from Get FPV. I will be trying both. I was getting so flusterated trying to get a pic. , close to giving up. How ever figured others could do it , I should be able to also. Appreciate everything.

Have you tried it in a different location, there might be some local interference causing your problems.
There are cordless phones and some wifi routers that use 5.8.

kason

This is something, that I to thought of, so I took it to another flying site. I had the same results there. Leading me to believe it is in my set up. I live in a fairly remote area. Yes I did try changing channels, too. Thank you for you reply. I am close to purchasing a quad that is RTF, so maybe it will have all the kinks worked out. Then maybe I can see what Im doing wrong. I would rather figure it out with out having to spend that much, for that might not be the answer either.

Upright

I know i'll catch heck. But, a budget quad build. I haven't flown a heli so i don't want a lot of money invested, if i don't like it.

Good morning,

If you want an inexpensive, top of the line, budget quad to build, go to "MassiveRC" and check out the Emax 250 pro bundle for $185.00? All you will need to complete the build is a 6 channel receiver.

You can see the build on his website by clicking on forums at the header on his home page. The Emax 250 pro is actually a 280 sized full carbon fiber frame with plenty of room for electronics.

Note: I have no ties to MassiveRC other than I have just ordered a 2nd one to build for a friend. He is very responsive and allows you to pre-order if they are out of stock, which I did yesterday.

Good luck,
Upright

Warning: these things are insane fast with 6045 props (suggest 5035 for beginner's)

Tony

Staff member
Yup this is the same quad that i have. Pretty much a qav clone with removable arms. Just waiting on the new esc's

kason

Thanks for the tip will be checking this out shortly, and will be ordering tomorrow. This forum is great. Thanks for all the help, and advise.

Top Bottom