What Quad / FPV Videos Would You Like To See?

Tony

Staff member
Since I have gotten this quad, I have struggled to figure out what videos to make. Putting the quad together, once you figure out where all the pieces go, is quite simple. But there are other aspects that are not as simple.

What I want to know is, what videos do you all want to see in the quad world? From building the frame, programming the Flight Controllers, soldering the ESC's and motors, balancing props, you post it up and I will do my best to get a video done on it.

And it doesn't stop with quads. What videos do you want to see in the FPV world? From goggles to Rx's to Tx's to cameras, post up your suggestions.

Lillyryan

I wanna see a vid from start to finish lol. Be nice to see one on frame build and soldering etc.

If it won't fly put a bigger engine on it!!!

Tony

Staff member
Well, I started this video, and had to stop with the ESC issue. I didn't show the build of the frame since it's pretty simple. Getting everything wired up and looking neat is the hardest part. Then there is the programming lmao. Have not really gotten that far yet.

Stambo

When I build mine the first time I was really particular about where and how everything mounted.
After a while of taking broken things off and replacing them I don't really care how it looks, only that it flies. :)

Walt

Thats where im at not to worried about how it looks just want to get into the air. waiting for parts. Maybe a vid on FPV for beginners for people just starting out.

Tony

Staff member
I am building a Tricopter, I would like to see set-up/programing.

Terry
Hayward, CA

Let me see if I can get a frame, motor, and FC and I might just do that. I will have 3 spare ESC's if all fo the ones that I have work. And I have servos out the wazoo lol.

Thats where im at not to worried about how it looks just want to get into the air. waiting for parts. Maybe a vid on FPV for beginners for people just starting out.

Why didn't you ask me to do this yesterday? lmao. This is a great idea. It's on my list. Thanks.

RatHat

I would like to see a training video, or videos of how to interpret the Immersion RC Spectrum analyser, and resolve problems with UHF setup.

Tony

Staff member
I would like to see a training video, or videos of how to interpret the Immersion RC Spectrum analyser, and resolve problems with UHF setup.

Training videos I can do. The spectrum analizer, might be a bit out of my price range. But I will see what I can do. Especially if I see an issue with one of my Tx's.

RatHat

Training videos I can do. The spectrum analizer, might be a bit out of my price range. But I will see what I can do. Especially if I see an issue with one of my Tx's.

Thanks Tony. What I am hoping for is how to tell when peaks represent interference, and then what to do to resolve them. All gobbledegook to me at the moment.

Other things that I would like to see is:

• Setups and configurations
  • Futaba tuning and setups
  • Troubleshooting loss of communication between controller and remote
  • Performance tweaks

All the sorts of things that us beginners need to know, compiled into one area/forum, so it can be accessed as a sort of reference manual.

Tony

Staff member
Oh, you just want a way to find the cleanest channel. I may be able to find a cheap SA and do something with that. I will look into this.

And you had to pull out the Futaba card, huh? lmao. But usually, the setup from futaba, spaktrum, airtronics and the like are going to be pretty much the same. Only real difference is if you have S-Bus, you can use just one wire to connect the Rx to the FC.

Thanks again for the suggestions. They are going down in my to do list and I will try my best to get them done.

RatHat

Don't want much do I?

Immersion RC tools have a built in Spectrum Analyser for use with UHF equipment. Totally baffles me!

Tony

Staff member
I'm looking for this spectrum analyzer used with the UHF equipment, and I'm not seeing anything. Can you post up a link for me? I think I found something, but I don't think it's what you are wanting to see. This that I found just gives out a file that shows signal strength, no graph, just numbers. I can read it, but many can't.

The closest analyzer I have found that will do from 900mHz to 5.8Ghz is somewhere around $2000. And there is just no way I can drop that kind of coin on test equipment that I'm going to run for one day. I need to make a friend that can loan me one for a couple weeks lmao.

Wolfman

I don't know guys, I haven't given quads much of a thought yet! I guess setting up of the electronics would be good, maybe some first flights!

Tony

Staff member
I can assure you, both of those are going to be in the video. My email has been blowing up, and those two are the most requested. So they are definitely on the list. Thanks Wolfman, glad to see you on here!

Flamin Jewel

Tony,
This is such a broad topic that maybe you could break it up into different categories. I.E. Product Reviews, Scratch-builds, FPV Equipment, FPV Systems, FPV Setups, DIY.....
Just a thought.

Tony

Staff member
You are completely right. There are a LOT of topics that are covered under the question. But, this gives an open topic that everyone can reply to with their own thoughts on what they would like to see.

I can assure you, when the videos are made, I'm not going to lump it all into one video. lol.

sire162

What a great topic. I personally would like to see more build videos with plug and play in mind. And can we show the entire process start to finish without the editing of what some believe are not worthy of showing. Let's remember everyone is not on the same skill level. and let's make it fun for the newbies coming on board. thanks in advance.

Top Bottom