• F4U Corsair

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Edge 540 25

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
The more I think about it, the more I realize that the F4U is out of my skill range. There is just no way I can build that plane, and get it right. I'm really wanting to get into nitro, but electric is so much easier. IDK, I will get it figured out one of these days. It may be next year, but I will get it figured out.

All you have to do is take your time! Lol

Tony

Staff member
Travis, people are allowed to make multiple choices. And, I added a plane, so that throws it off as well. Not sure why, but it does.

Tony

Staff member
You know, because the F4U has the Nickname "Whistling Death", If I break down and build that plane, I'm going to have to find a way to make it whistle at full speed. That is what the plane is all about, and what it's known for. The model will have the oil coolers, but they are not pass through and won't actually cause the whistle. So, I'm going to have to figure that one out first...

RCD

Glencairn Drone
Why dont you just place a whistle in the cowl, so when you are in a dive, you'll hear it.

Tony

Staff member
Because there is not much room with the engine there, and if you see it, it kind of defeats the purpose. I'm trying to see what I can come up with. I know if I do it, It's going to have to have a 4 stroke engine, and not a 2 stroke.

Tony

Staff member
Alright, just sold the 500 to a new member here in Texas. I may end up getting a nitro kit to build over the winter, then getting an electric 3D like the Edge 540T to just kickit around with. So, this weekend I'm going to try to make it out to the flying field and see about getting some video, and see what they like to fly out there. Then, I will make my decision. And yes, the F4U is still at the top of my list. Even though this is going to be one hell of a challenge lol.

Top Bottom